The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Is is possible to add a store using paypal to my forum?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Is is possible to add a store using paypal to my forum?

Post by DigitalCyanide on December 8th 2010, 8:06 pm

I was just wondering if there is a way to add a store using paypal to my forum/site ?

EDIT:
Also, is there a limit on HTML pages I can have on my forum?

Last edited by kirk on December 9th 2010, 5:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot to ask second question and I didn't want to open a seperate topic.)

DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is is possible to add a store using paypal to my forum?

Post by kirk on December 8th 2010, 9:02 pm

Not sure what you mean for add and store useing pay pal? add and store what where?

As far as the limitation for html pages. i believe they have upped the number of pages to 150 to 500.

Yup 500..See more limitations here

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DigitalCyanide on December 8th 2010, 9:17 pm

Thank you for the info on the HTML pages.

I mean, if I wanted to add a pay pal account to have a store for people to purchase things ( I run a site/forum that offers free contend to Daz Studio and Poser ), but have some items that I would like to actually sell. Is it possible to add a store and shopping cart to HTML pages? I have a great file host that has a ton of space for free I already use, and I can upgrade and double that space to almost a full terabyte for a reasonable amount. That coupled with buying my domain name here would allow me a great site, with all the functions I would like without leaving Forumotion ( I have grown fond of this server/host and really do not want to leave ), it's become very homey and I have worked hard to create my site and promote it enough to actually show up in Bing and Google search engines.
I hope this better explained. Sorry for any confusion.

DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on December 8th 2010, 9:24 pm

You would need to create a paypal icon which goes to paypal and allow users to buy products and by putting a field saying what do you want to buy. You wouldn't be able to do a shopping cart in Forumotion.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on December 8th 2010, 9:28 pm

Um i think i might know what you mean but am still a Lil confused?
do you already have a store created on this other site?
if so you can always add the link into a iframe and place on a forumotion html page and it will be the same way as your site.. or you can use the source codeing.

Unless you have to create everthing and add to a html page, then the options for that can be many depending how you want to create the page and you will need a little html knowledge to know how to create it.

do you have anything already together on another site or few screen shots or examples you can post, as far as haveing the pay pal tab,logo or icon thats relatively easy to add.

I am still confused about the storage/space.. do you mean how many characteristics you can fit on a forumotion html page? if so that should be in the link above and is a pretty lot.It should be more then enough room. then if it dose exceed the limit you can always continue on another html page.

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DigitalCyanide on December 8th 2010, 10:26 pm

What I wanted was to know if I can add the PayPal account without violating the TOS. Since I would be using my forum to generate revenue on a personal level. I was simple wondering if is was acceptable. I have spoken with PayPal about the mod I have to add and the pricing they charge. I just wanted to ask if this was ok to actually do.
I have a host for the files, and images to place on the pages. I have files already that members can download in my free area.

DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on December 8th 2010, 10:32 pm

Yes your allowed to make money on your forum.As long as what ever your selling would not be in any violations then your fine.
but not sure if the paypal module will work. However you can always take a paypal logo and add the link leading to the proper account of where you want the monies to go.

if pay pal gives you an embed code for what ever the mod is then it will most likely work.
If it's anything you would have to have access to forumotions data base then it would not work.

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DigitalCyanide on December 9th 2010, 12:06 am

No, it does not have to be associated with Forumotion at all, just payment accounts. So no acess to the database is needed.
This is why I don't want to leave. I'd like to set my site around my Forumotion Forum. Great support, and fast. I'd rather buy my domain here, pay for removing the adverts, and stay with people I trust! Then go to some hokey web host with hidden agendas! Feel free to use that as a testimonial!
This is resolved and thank you all for the help.
Thank you all again!

DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on December 9th 2010, 5:38 am

Your welcome. santa

Thread now marked as solved and locked

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum