The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prevent Signatures from Being Edited?

3 posters

Go down

Prevent Signatures from Being Edited? Empty Prevent Signatures from Being Edited?

Post by CODEZENO Mon 13 Dec 2010, 05:21

Hi, I originally had a question about adding a table as a profile field, but was rather vague regarding my objective for doing it, so I would like to be a little more clear during this next question.

I'm using this table as a RPG feature, which holds information for 7 different stats, like so...

STATS
STAT VALUES
POWER
ENERGY
SKILL

Just like that, only with 7 different stats instead of 3. I want this information to be viewable somewhere on every post a user makes, so I figured a profile field beneath the avatar would work fine. Unfortunately, that was only visible in profiles and not in the profile field below the avatar. Now I'm trying a new idea by placing this table requisite under each signature. It's proven successful, but this information is basically the character's control center of his/her spot in the game, and leaving it modifiable by those members would be chaotic and cause them to cheat in every way. Isn't there some way to make signatures incapable of being edited by the users just like usernames and emails? It seems like a pretty simple feature for me, but I can't find it anywhere on the admin panel. Thanks in advance for your response.
CODEZENO

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Prevent Signatures from Being Edited? Empty Re: Prevent Signatures from Being Edited?

Post by ToTheFuture Sun 27 Feb 2011, 14:51

You can make a field like that on your character sheets. Smile That's what I did.
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

Prevent Signatures from Being Edited? Empty Re: Prevent Signatures from Being Edited?

Post by MrMario Sun 27 Feb 2011, 21:18

There is no option to stop users from editing their signature.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture Mon 28 Feb 2011, 20:33

I agree though, I had really wanted a feature like that. I never suggested it in the end, because I figured a profile/character sheet field was decent enough for me. Razz
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down