The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restricting HTML pages to certain groups?

3 posters

Go down

Restricting HTML pages to certain groups? Empty Restricting HTML pages to certain groups?

Post by RyanHowat December 21st 2010, 5:54 pm

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. Sad

I Have 2 pages. 1 for one chat box, and one for the other chat boxes. I don't want the other members finding this chat. There are 2 groups, who i don't want them leaking information to. How do i do this?

Also, How to I make a page "Members Only" So that if you aren't registered, if you just click the link you cant see it.
RyanHowat
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Restricting HTML pages to certain groups? Empty Re: Restricting HTML pages to certain groups?

Post by lizargeco December 22nd 2010, 2:46 am

I also face a similar dilemma. How can I make it so that random visitors can't visit one of my custom HTML pages?
lizargeco
lizargeco

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Restricting HTML pages to certain groups? Empty Re: Restricting HTML pages to certain groups?

Post by DigitalCyanide December 23rd 2010, 2:18 am

I am not sure about the coding for this, but what I did was create my pages, then create some buttons with the same name as the pages. Then I created a widget and set the permissions to members only. Then I added the HTML I wrote into the widget using the buttons I created to link it all together. One other thing is to now make the HTML pages public. Use the links in your ACP as links to the pages.
Hope this helped.
DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanHowat December 23rd 2010, 7:54 pm

sweet. I was actually thinking about writing javascript to confirm log in before access. Thx, NOT SOLVED! Just aided.
RyanHowat
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down