The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread link does not go to the latest post

4 posters

Go down

Thread link does not go to the latest post Empty Thread link does not go to the latest post

Post by mc~ December 22nd 2010, 2:29 pm

Hi,

My forum is having this problem, before when I click the forum title in the forum index, it directs me to the latest post. But now we just realized that when it's clicked, it directs us to the first page and post of the topic.

Thread link does not go to the latest post Problemw

Here is a screenie of the one I am talking about. I'm using PHPBB3.
mc~
mc~
Forumember

Male Posts : 40
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Thread link does not go to the latest post Empty Re: Thread link does not go to the latest post

Post by Jophy December 22nd 2010, 2:50 pm

Hello & Welcome!

Hello and welcome.

Because you are new, here are useful links where you can look for answers :

Arrow General Rules
Arrow Frequently Asked Questions
Arrow Tricks & Tips
Arrow Forumotion TOS
Arrow Contact Typlo for a Domain Transfer Code/for other severe problems
Arrow Lost your Founder password?
Arrow Complaint against a forum
Arrow Maximum Security for your forums
Arrow Rescue tool/Back up tool for your forum
Arrow How to clear your cache
Arrow My forum was hacked, what to do?
Arrow Forumotion Limits
ArrowWhy do we ask explicit titles?
Spoiler:

Hi, I already reported this issue to Typlo and he said that they're already fixing it.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Thread link does not go to the latest post Empty Re: Thread link does not go to the latest post

Post by Redsun December 25th 2010, 9:06 am

hi friends, is there any update about this problem? many boards still have it sadly.
Redsun
Redsun
Forumember

Language : English, Italian

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 25th 2010, 9:40 am

No thats how it's supposed to be.

It's how you have the forum set.
the way it is happening to you guys is the same way this support forum is set up.

Do this go over to the thread on page 4 and quote my reply (test) with another (test) of your own.
https://help.forumotion.com/t822-increase-your-forum-s-ratings
then click back on the the index> other problems board and you will see your last post indicated in the index how it is in the screen shot above. so click and you will see it goes all the way to page one first post first.

if you want the last post to show first then you have to set your forums up that way.

to do this go to

Admin panel>general>forums>

then click on one of you forums modify icon.

at the button you will see (sort topics by)

then

(sort the post of a topic by)

so i think all you need to do is change (sort topics by) Topics post date most recent first

to

(sort topics by) most oldest first.

so now if you have a couple pages etc.. it's going to put the latest post in the topic first.

it has always been like this.. and you will see there are more options there. sop you will have to play around with it and choose what you like best.

I have always just left them as they are now.. like here. when embers open a forum and see a topic you always have the page number to go to. so if it's on page 4. then you just click 4 and your there.

so take you time with it and choose what you think is best. but most forums always have it how it is set up here on support and is like the common traditional way of doing things.. but there are other options there to set as you wish. so if you like them options better then go with that.

Joph25 wrote: Hi, I already reported this issue to Typlo and he said that they're already fixing it.

Unless i am completly mixed up, if so my bad. but the way the screen shot is and how it's explained sounds like what i said above,, if not once again.. my bad shakng2 Thread link does not go to the latest post Guish2

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Redsun December 25th 2010, 10:54 am

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for your feed back.

Let it make more clear,

For example your last post url in this topic is

https://help.forumotion.com/t83419-thread-link-does-not-go-to-the-latest-post#539956

before the problem when a member click the

"Thread link does not go to the latest post" (name of this topic) on the index page of help forum, it redirects to exactly the last post on this topic:

https://help.forumotion.com/t83419-thread-link-does-not-go-to-the-latest-post#539956

Now it doesn't. Seems a tec.problem i think.
Redsun
Redsun
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 25th 2010, 5:01 pm

ok the like Joph25 said i guess typlo has passed it on to the techs.
i just wanted to be sure that you had it set right because that can be a Lil confusing to people some times. i remember the first time i got forumotion forum way back.. that part mixed me up.

So i guess check back sometime Monday to see if there is any update on the situation or if it was fixed. also have you tried to restore you forum back to befor it start happening useing forumotion utilities tool?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 25th 2010, 7:14 pm

Hello !

There is no bug at all.
It is a choice made by developers.

Before update on the main page you had :
- Topic link leading to last post
- Latest post icon leading too to last post
And nothing to go at beginning of topic

Now you have a choice.
- Icon leads to latest post
- Topic name leads to first post

But as lots of users did not appreciate that, developpers found a way to give admins choice of the target of topictitle link.
That tip needs access to index_box template.

And for those who are on phpBB3 or Invision, devs are working on it to give the same choice.
We will only need to wait a bit till they find how to do it.

For information actual behaviour is the same as on native phpBB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Redsun December 26th 2010, 8:37 am

Ok after a little search i found the answer by typlo.

This is the solution:

https://help.forumotion.com/t82930-forumotion-mod-url-rewriting-for-your-forums#538781

Problem now solved.

Thanks friends for your interest again.
Redsun
Redsun
Forumember

Back to top Go down