The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

(ONLY TOPIC)BUG Forums appearance goes funny when logged in.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important (ONLY TOPIC)BUG Forums appearance goes funny when logged in.

Post by Pokerjokerz on December 22nd 2010, 6:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://pokerjokerz.forum-phpbb.co.uk/forum

I tried logging into my forum and found that the screen came up very strange. I logged out and it seemed to clear the problem.

This is what I am seeing on my home page

http://img840.imageshack.us/f/25104374.png/

i am not sure whats happened or why it only appears like that when I log in.

Anyone able to help

Pokerjokerz

Language : Englsh

Back to top Go down

Important Re: (ONLY TOPIC)BUG Forums appearance goes funny when logged in.

Post by kirk on December 22nd 2010, 8:22 pm

@Pokerjokerz wrote:
@Harperboy326 wrote:
@rvolt24 wrote:
@Harperboy326 wrote:There is a reason why people don't use or prefer Internet Explorer, it has too many problems, one including issues like displaying webpages correctly. If it works in Chrome, then use Chrome. Why use a browser that you know doesn't work?

go away.
it needs to WORK in IE because our USERS use IE... not me, you fool.

You need to chill. Don't get all worked up because you use a crappy browser. I also have more experience on the forum then you do, so, you leave; fool.

WIth all due respect, but I wouldn't say its very customer friendly when my members say to me "why isn't it working" and I reply "well some bloke on the forum advice forum said its because you are stupid and using a crappy browser".

The fact is many of my members use IE ( and incidentally do I ). I dont like nor want Chrome of Firefox, and my forum was working fine this morning, now it isn't.

Is it too much to ask for a bit of advice without being sneered at and told its my own fault because I happen to think Chrome is a load of crap.

No there is something screwed up somewhere.

if everyone can get screen shots once gain and post your forums link.
I will send this off to luky and to typlos office.. it's probably just a left over bug from the recent update.. try to be patient for then to recive the messages.

but once again post your screen shots and link to your forums.

Here's what i got from useing IE.
As you can see no forums are appearing what so ever.

Spoiler:

then this time with firefox.
You can see the forums now. but the test account (kirk24)is showing up on the forums and is not even in a group as mod admin or anything. Oh and also when i first logged in it came up and told me that(you do not have permissions to administrate this forum)
so that should not be coming up. i ding have enough time to get a screen shot.
And i guess rvolt24 had changed the pass word before i got to test it on chrome and flock.
But it dont matter i seen enough and there's a bug somewhere
Spoiler:

So i will make this in to an only topic for this problem.
Pass this off to typlos office and luky pm right now

be sure to post screen shots we can see and your forums link along with describing anything else that may be happening.

If you can not get into your admin pane3l then log in through forumotions utilities tools
In case you want to put your forums in construction mode until the issues are resolved.

http://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by GarryW on December 22nd 2010, 8:26 pm

My forum (http://nhbasscasters.forumotion.com/) is also having the same or similar problem on IE8.

Logged in --> you only see the last category and the bottom menu bar is shifted to the left. (Happens on mutliple users and multiple OSs).

Logged out --> viewable as before.

Firefox and Chrome work okay.

Most users use IE8 and are not saavy enough to switch browsers, so that won't happen.

All was fine on the board until sometime between 12pm and 1pm EDT Dec 22, 2010.

garry

GarryW

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingrid&Bambie on December 22nd 2010, 8:35 pm

I'm having some sort of problem with my forum tonight too... I've been on it several times earlier today..suddenly I can't see the topics ....
www.yorkforum.all-forum.net

*help*

Ingrid&Bambie

Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Post by DejanRencelj on December 22nd 2010, 8:38 pm

Yup same here on both my forums, no topics, only footer is shown.
Also I cannot login, the login won't show up.

I noted a strange message at the top where should be the top AD banner shows this code:

Code:
<scr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript" src="http://ad.z5x.net/st?ad_type=ad&ad_size=728x90§ion=1649904"></scr' + 'ipt>

What if the malfunctioning AD is screwing the sites??

DejanRencelj

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on December 22nd 2010, 8:41 pm

@DejanRencelj wrote:Yup same here on both my forums, no topics, only footer is shown.
Also I cannot login, the login won't show up.

I noted a strange message at the top where should be the top AD banner shows this code:

Code:
<scr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript" src="http://ad.z5x.net/st?ad_type=ad&ad_size=728x90§ion=1649904"></scr' + 'ipt>

What if the malfunctioning AD is screwing the sites??

Not sure?
it has been sent off to the admins ,so all will be posted as soon as we know something.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rvolt24 on December 22nd 2010, 8:52 pm

http://rvolt24.darkbb.com/

IE version
Spoiler:

Chrome version
Spoiler:

@kirk wrote:And i guess rvolt24 had changed the pass word before i got to test it on chrome and flock.
Kirk... user and pass have NOT been modified... also check your PM for a second user/pass which behaves differently(?)

rvolt24

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by fax on December 22nd 2010, 9:08 pm

yes its only when i log in, and I am using explorer.

fax

Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcpr on December 22nd 2010, 9:16 pm

Cleared my history and cookies no change in the forum yet.

jeffcpr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by awilson on December 22nd 2010, 9:18 pm

I also had display problems with my forum today, which is now fixed after several hours of fiddling with settings but now for some reason I cant submit or preview messages. I can't delete posted messages either

http://thewdcforever.omgforum.net/forum

I've opened the Basic Chat section for guest posting if anyone wants to test.
http://thewdcforever.omgforum.net/t21-other-sites

You can post using the quick post box but if you hit preview and try to post, the button does nothing. The same goes for when you try to post an edited post. Also nothing happens when I try to delete a message, it goes to the next page and just does nothing after that. I'm now also noticing that the top section of my forum is missing, any thread that should be on the top seems to be obscured.

These are my different topics and the order they come in
http://tinypic.com/m/dw9tlj/3

and this is the top of my forum which is missing the topics at the very top of the list
http://tinypic.com/m/dw9tlu/3

I am running on IE but like most people say my forum has worked fine on this browser until today.

awilson

Language : Warner

Back to top Go down

Post by lh0103 on December 22nd 2010, 9:26 pm

I have the same "java-script" error.....I am the founder and Admin...so it is a big problem that I can' t get online.
I can not get on the forum or the admin page....can not login at all.

www.kaffestuen.forummotion.com

Last edited by lh0103 on December 22nd 2010, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

lh0103
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by frenchyjen70 on December 22nd 2010, 9:29 pm

My forum is exactly the same - was working last night - today half of the front page is missing - containing most of the forum threads.

http://yeepforum.niceboards.org/forum

It's a private forum - but happy to create a username/password if someone could help me with it.

frenchyjen70

Back to top Go down

Post by frenchyjen70 on December 22nd 2010, 9:38 pm

here's a screenie of my front page - it's missing about 8 forums on top of the 'word' one... as you can see, bits are missing from the other forums too..

frenchyjen70

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingrid&Bambie on December 22nd 2010, 9:43 pm

Glad to see i'm not the only one with this problem!!!
Anyone who knows what to do?

Ingrid&Bambie

Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythic on December 22nd 2010, 9:48 pm

Having issues too.

thechatterbox.niceboards.org owned by Zelf having issues and insanerp.rpgwars.org (mine) too.

This is apparently a forumotionm glitch... not just my pc. my pc is crashing every 10 minutes now. it's getting fustrating. forumotion causing it- no issues until i opened a forumotion site. then my pc started crashing.

Mythic

Location : at the Christmas Eve Flyball Invitational with my Team

http://insanerp.rpgwars.org

Back to top Go down

Post by DejanRencelj on December 22nd 2010, 9:50 pm

@Ingrid&amp;Bambie wrote:Glad to see i'm not the only one with this problem!!!
Anyone who knows what to do?

Only Forumotion admins can solve this issue, we guest forum admins can't control that deep.
Can't really do anything apart wait, and of course report here if anything strange appears so the problem will be easier to solve.

DejanRencelj

Back to top Go down

Post by frenchyjen70 on December 22nd 2010, 9:51 pm

my computer is not crashing... thank god for small mercies

frenchyjen70

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythic on December 22nd 2010, 9:57 pm

heres my pic from chatterbox...

can't get IRP pic at the moment. page not even LOADING...

Mythic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythic on December 22nd 2010, 9:58 pm

my pc is killing me! GAH!! DAMN VISTA!!

Mythic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac owner on December 22nd 2010, 10:07 pm

You know what? I've been having the same problems. However, I cannot post either... I can't edit posts, nor can I send PMs... Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, other users on my forum inform me that they're completely fine... I'm relying on my moderator to keep the forum up to date... Also, I'm going to try creating a new account and add it to the administrators, see if that comes up fine

Zodiac owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythic on December 22nd 2010, 10:29 pm

I'm going to find a backdoor. As low as that is, I don't like just sitting here.

Hacking yourself is NOT morally wrong in my opinion. As long as I am not hacking someone else (like my brother, for example.)

I am going crazy, updating four forums right now. I haven't even bothered with LFA- all his forums disappeared over a week ago.

It's just me and three admins, one of which is offline....

Mythic

Back to top Go down

Post by Worse Doughnut on December 22nd 2010, 10:46 pm

Ok, i dont know what happened. I logged onto my forum this morning, and it was compleatly messed up. When i try and voew the forums it shows nothing, the scrolling "Recent Topics" Modula that was normally on the left of the screen now just lists the topics on the top of the screen and is stationary. I tried to view the members list, and instead of showing the list like normal it shows the pictures huge and lists them from side to side. Then, when i click on my profile nothing shows up, but if i view another persons forum i see this:

);$(this).find('.ajax-profil_edit').attr({alt: "Edit field value",title: "Edit field value"}).click(function(){$(this).prev().prev().removeClass('ajax-profil_hover').addClass('invisible').next().removeClass('invisible').append('').find('input,select');$(this).prev().find('.ajax-profil_valid').attr({alt: "Validate",title: "Validate"}).click(function(){var content = new Array();$(this).parent().find('[name]').each(function(){var type_special = $(this).is('input[type=radio],input[type=checkbox]');if ( (type_special && $(this).is(':checked')) || !type_special ){content.push(new Array($(this).attr('name'), $(this).attr('value')));}});var id_name = $(this).parents('[id^=field_id]').attr('id');var id = id_name.substring(8, id_name.length);$.post("/ajax_profile.forum?jsoncallback=?",{id:id,user:"18",active:"1",content:$.toJSON(content),sid:"b78cfb28c7ddcf29b1dcd3c8d48c0976"},function(data){$.each(data, function(i, item){$('[id=field_id' + i + ']').find('.field_uneditable').html(item).end().find('.ajax-profil_valid').remove().end().find('.field_editable').addClass('invisible').end().find('.field_uneditable').removeClass('invisible');});},"json");});$(this).remove();});}},function(){if( $(this).find('.field_editable.invisible').is('span') ){$(this).find('.field_editable').prev().removeClass('ajax-profil_hover');$(this).find('.ajax-profil_edit').remove();}});}});});//]]>
Can anyone help me or tell me what happened?

Last edited by Worse Doughnut on December 22nd 2010, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, dont know how to use spoilers)

Worse Doughnut

Male Posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythic on December 22nd 2010, 10:47 pm

We don't know. Forumotion crashed, imho. No one has confirmed a glitch yet...

Mythic

Back to top Go down

Post by Roukostu on December 22nd 2010, 11:03 pm

oh my I didn't think it happened to others, what a strange day indeed....well it seems I'm not only missing some categories, I'm also unable to post, I can edit, I can't even view somethings, it's also happening to me when I try to view, send a message, or even look and fix my own profile.

Roukostu

Female Posts : 4

http://residentevilrpg.forumotions.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcpr on December 22nd 2010, 11:05 pm

@Worse Doughnut wrote:Ok, i dont know what happened. I logged onto my forum this morning, and it was compleatly messed up. When i try and voew the forums it shows nothing, the scrolling "Recent Topics" Modula that was normally on the left of the screen now just lists the topics on the top of the screen and is stationary. I tried to view the members list, and instead of showing the list like normal it shows the pictures huge and lists them from side to side. Then, when i click on my profile nothing shows up, but if i view another persons forum i see this:

);$(this).find('.ajax-profil_edit').attr({alt: "Edit field value",title: "Edit field value"}).click(function(){$(this).prev().prev().removeClass('ajax-profil_hover').addClass('invisible').next().removeClass('invisible').append('').find('input,select');$(this).prev().find('.ajax-profil_valid').attr({alt: "Validate",title: "Validate"}).click(function(){var content = new Array();$(this).parent().find('[name]').each(function(){var type_special = $(this).is('input[type=radio],input[type=checkbox]');if ( (type_special && $(this).is(':checked')) || !type_special ){content.push(new Array($(this).attr('name'), $(this).attr('value')));}});var id_name = $(this).parents('[id^=field_id]').attr('id');var id = id_name.substring(8, id_name.length);$.post("/ajax_profile.forum?jsoncallback=?",{id:id,user:"18",active:"1",content:$.toJSON(content),sid:"b78cfb28c7ddcf29b1dcd3c8d48c0976"},function(data){$.each(data, function(i, item){$('[id=field_id' + i + ']').find('.field_uneditable').html(item).end().find('.ajax-profil_valid').remove().end().find('.field_editable').addClass('invisible').end().find('.field_uneditable').removeClass('invisible');});},"json");});$(this).remove();});}},function(){if( $(this).find('.field_editable.invisible').is('span') ){$(this).find('.field_editable').prev().removeClass('ajax-profil_hover');$(this).find('.ajax-profil_edit').remove();}});}});});//]]>
Can anyone help me or tell me what happened?

This is my problem also

jeffcpr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac owner on December 22nd 2010, 11:13 pm

Has anyone tried PMing an Admin? They might be able to do something...

Zodiac owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythic on December 22nd 2010, 11:15 pm

@Roukostu wrote:oh my I didn't think it happened to others, what a strange day indeed....well it seems I'm not only missing some categories, I'm also unable to post, I can edit, I can't even view somethings, it's also happening to me when I try to view, send a message, or even look and fix my own profile.

I can't edit, one or two subboards dissappeared, but those came back. The main issue is parts of my admin panel aren't working right now... they flicker.

EDIT: Just stabilized Smile don't know why it was doing that...

Mythic

Back to top Go down

Important Same Prob Here

Post by Lord Coldfire on December 22nd 2010, 11:35 pm

Ive been having the same issue that most of the others have been dealing with. I loged in and over half of my forum was missing and what was still showing was displayed wrong... i read through this topic and went back to grab a screenshot of it and now all i get when i try to access the page is a "Cannot Display The Webpage" error message... ive tried both IE (which i use reguarly) and ive also tried Google Crome (which i genuenly dont like) and still the same result. Here is my forum link

http://thatplace.forumsmotion.com/forum

i hope this can be fixed soon

Lord Coldfire

Male Posts : 1

http://xcalibur.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcpr on December 22nd 2010, 11:41 pm

There is a real problem here, I have done all the cleaning things I can think of and different servers don't seem to be the problem. There is a problem and I hope some one is working on it. We are all trying to fix on our sides.

jeffcpr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lottostar on December 22nd 2010, 11:46 pm

I tried logging into my forum and found that the screen came up very strange. I logged out and it seemed to clear the problem.
Still i cant see login option.i cant login my forum.please help me about this problem.
My Site:- www.thailotteryforum.com

lottostar
Forumember

Male Posts : 31

http://www.thailotteryforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harperboy326 on December 22nd 2010, 11:50 pm

@Zodiac owner wrote:Has anyone tried PMing an Admin? They might be able to do something...

Yes, Typlo has been alerted and in return hes told the forum technicians. It should be up soon.

Harperboy326
Forumember

Male Posts : 753

http://www.ThatTechKid.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum