The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic notification for a specific forum.

2 posters

Go down

Topic notification for a specific forum. Empty Topic notification for a specific forum.

Post by loomis Thu 30 Dec - 5:05

Hey guys and girls...On a learning curve here, so please excuse me if this is a simple one. This is what I want to acheive.

Can I set things up so that if anyone posts a new thread, or replies, in a particular forum, everyone who is allowed to view that forum will get a notification.

For example...

The forum in question has forum, with three sub-forums that are only visible to financial members of our club. If someone posts a thread, or replies in one particular sub-forum, I want all members (who are allowed to view it) to get a notification via email...is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Leigh.
loomis

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Topic notification for a specific forum. Empty Re: Topic notification for a specific forum.

Post by Harperboy326 Thu 30 Dec - 5:08

Members can "follow" a topic. Which means if a reply is posted in that topic, then whoever is following it is emailed as an alert.
Harperboy326
Harperboy326
Forumember

Male Posts : 753
Language : English

http://www.ThatTechKid.com

Back to top Go down

Topic notification for a specific forum. Empty Re: Topic notification for a specific forum.

Post by loomis Thu 30 Dec - 6:17

Thanks for that, but is there a way that members can automatically be alerted when a new thread is started?

Leigh.
loomis

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Harperboy326 Thu 30 Dec - 6:19

I dont know if you can. I think its only for replies
Harperboy326
Harperboy326
Forumember

Male Posts : 753
Language : English

http://www.ThatTechKid.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum