The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way to make it so a member must make a post in order to unlock the forum?

2 posters

Go down

Is there a way to make it so a member must make a post in order to unlock the forum? Empty Is there a way to make it so a member must make a post in order to unlock the forum?

Post by Aerie January 6th 2011, 7:19 am

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to make it so that every member that joins must make a post in a Introduction thread in order to unlock the rest of the forums.

I know that it could be done manually(wait for them to post, then activate them in another group etc.); however I was wondering if there was a more easier way to do this. It's similar to how on this forum, you need a certain amount of posts before being able to PM another member etc.. but instead you'd need to make a post first and the system will automatically unlock the rest for you.

I appreciate your time in reading this, and am grateful if you're able to help me out!
Aerie

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to make it so a member must make a post in order to unlock the forum? Empty Re: Is there a way to make it so a member must make a post in order to unlock the forum?

Post by Sanket January 6th 2011, 5:51 pm

How about a autosubscribe group? Users with one or more post get added to the group. Then that group has the permission to view all other forums.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum