The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting up to receive my email in a 3rd party app.

4 posters

Go down

Setting up to receive my email in a 3rd party app. Empty Setting up to receive my email in a 3rd party app.

Post by rexxter January 6th 2011, 8:49 pm

How do I set up the email address I use with the domain name a got trough you guys in a 3rd party app like Outlook or Thunderbird. It would be nice to have it get sent to that instead of logging in through webmail.mydomain.com.

THANKS!
rexxter

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Setting up to receive my email in a 3rd party app. Empty Re: Setting up to receive my email in a 3rd party app.

Post by I Mozilla I January 6th 2011, 10:15 pm

If you send someone an e-mail or? What do you mean exactly? If so

Admin Panel --> General --> Messages and emails --> Emails and contact form
I Mozilla I
Forumember

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Setting up to receive my email in a 3rd party app. Empty Re: Setting up to receive my email in a 3rd party app.

Post by rexxter January 6th 2011, 10:37 pm

I would like to use Thurderbird with the domain name email I got through Forumotion. Instead of going to webmail.utrivers.com I would just like to access my email through Thunderbird. How do I set up a 3rd party email app to send and recieve my email?
rexxter

Back to top Go down

Post by Agenda January 6th 2011, 10:58 pm

I know what you're talking about, but its been a while since I've owned an FM domain and accessed their webmail client. There may be settings to activate POP or IMAP forwarding. Check through your options in the webmail and then set it up in your own client starting with the e-mail address and password. If the webmail providor lets you forward using POP or IMAP, they should provide the port number to you. If not, then they should have a help or support link on there somewhere.
Agenda
Agenda
Forumember

Male Posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by rexxter February 2nd 2011, 6:58 pm

I could not find any options in the settings. Im sure the answer is easy but I cant seem to find it, still.... Help?!
rexxter

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 3rd 2011, 1:11 am

The emails you have to use what is provided with us. You can't use any other software.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down