The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for Skins

+2
Flame of Souls
tashayukiguren
6 posters

Go down

Suggestion for Skins Empty Suggestion for Skins

Post by tashayukiguren January 9th 2011, 6:14 am

Before I start I like to say I'm not very good with words. But I'm doing my best here. Also thank you for actually opening this up.

I have also read the already suggested suggestions. And if I missed anything and this has been suggested before I apologize. We all make mistakes after all not everyone can be perfect. "We're only human."

This is a suggestion, obviously. Its about the skins in the forumotion admin panel. I don't know if you noticed, but I think you probably do. There's 165 pages of skins in there. And that's it, nothing else but PAGES!

Having the skin system like that can get pretty challenging when you already have your forum and your trying to change your background.
Its even more challenging when your trying to change your background into one of the backgrounds on a list you have and you can't find it after a few pages.

In fact I really do think not a lot of people look through that many pages for a google search.

So forumotion please put in a search engine for your skins! For the sake of all those admins that are getting pissed off because of having to look through all those pages. Please put in a search engine that has options like:

A color chooser - Google has this for their images. Do you want blue? red? white? green? have a background thats light colored or a background that's dark colored?

Name of creator of skin

Name of the skin

I've been an admin on many forums on forumotion for years. And I really like this system so far. But if you keep leaving your skins in a page format its going to eventually reach 200 or maybe even a 1,000! Its just going to piss off more people and have them switch over to a different forum making system.

Though I do realize that this will take time and effort. Though I bet a lot of features on forumotion took time and effort. Including the creation of forumotion. This is probably not possible to do either, but that didn't stop people from creating things before. They did it anyway.

Thank you for taking time for reading this. I apologize for any mistakes or if this was unclear. Or if it seemed like I was being demanding or bossy or threatenining. I'm just a user of forumotion who'd like to see a change in one feature of this already good system.

Thanks again!
tashayukiguren

Female Posts : 2
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for Skins Empty Re: Suggestion for Skins

Post by Flame of Souls January 9th 2011, 3:15 pm

I'm thinking the same too. It pissed me off to have to search for skins, even though now I don't have to. Sorry if I'm not allowed to reply here.
Flame of Souls
Flame of Souls
Forumember

Male Posts : 115
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent24 January 9th 2011, 6:48 pm

You can search for skins through www.hitskins.com and preview/install it
Agent24
Agent24
Forumember

Male Posts : 813
Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario January 9th 2011, 7:20 pm

This would be a nice suggestion but there is no poll. So please add one in the next 24 hours or this will be locked.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by MadBlue January 9th 2011, 7:26 pm

Good suggestion. No pool. But I vote yes.

Good Luck with this Very Happy
MadBlue
MadBlue
Forumember

Male Posts : 37
Language : Danish (10), English (5), HTML (6)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape January 10th 2011, 3:34 pm

Hello I also vote yes but as there is no poll i will just say

YES :wouhou:
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Flame of Souls January 10th 2011, 4:16 pm

I'll say yes even though there's no poll.
Flame of Souls
Flame of Souls
Forumember

Male Posts : 115
Language : English

Back to top Go down