The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering!

3 posters

Go down

Do you agree?

Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering! Left11100%Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering! Right11 100% 
[ 2 ]
Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering! Left110%Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering! Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering! Empty Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering!

Post by Guest January 19th 2011, 12:24 am

I don't know about any of you guys but this really irks me... If you have an Invision version forum, the post numbering looks like this:

Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering! Invisi10

I mean really.. whose bright idea was it to add between "Post" and the number of the post. It just looks unclean and cheap IMO. Worst of all.. We cannot even modify this! I have messed around with some CSS and had no luck. If it is possible to fix so that it just says Post 1, Post 2, etc.. with out the n°... Then please share the knowledge, otherwise I am suggestion to make it be possible to modify this.

Anyone else agree?

Back to top Go down

Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering! Empty Re: Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering!

Post by Guest January 20th 2011, 5:55 am

I agree that the current post numbering format on IPB2/Invision boards is TERRIBLE. It can be fixed, very easily, using javascript...

Back to top Go down

Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering! Empty Re: Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering!

Post by Guest January 20th 2011, 8:59 am

You are much more skilled in Javascript than I am, I can admit. I'm not even sure where I would begin to set that up to modify it, I guess I should go out and buy a Javascript for dummies...lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 January 22nd 2011, 12:08 pm

The way the post numbering is displayed CAN be changed and depending on which version you're using. Smile Not only can the way it's displayed be changed, but you can also have clickable post numbers that display the individual post! Very Happy This is a great feature to have and I'm surprised that it's not been mentioned more often. I absolutely love this function on my Invision board. Smile
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 22nd 2011, 11:06 pm

Brad38 wrote:The way the post numbering is displayed CAN be changed and depending on which version you're using. Smile Not only can the way it's displayed be changed, but you can also have clickable post numbers that display the individual post! Very Happy This is a great feature to have and I'm surprised that it's not been mentioned more often. I absolutely love this function on my Invision board. Smile
I'm aware that certain forum versions can be adjusted to modify the post numbering. However, this suggestion is specifically in favor of Invision forums Smile. I don't see a link to your forum so I cannot see your forum to know that you have in fact done this. Can you provide a link to your forum so I can see? Also, if its not a forumotion Invision forum then its obvious why you have different modification tools to dig deeper into customizing your forum. Can you explain what you did to modify the post numbering?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 23rd 2011, 1:30 am

Brad38's forum is IPB2/Invision, here on forumotion. It has the page numbering you want, it has new friend and new visitor message pop-ups, it has a LOT of things people are requesting.

I would like to help you with your IPB2/Invision problems, but the double-standard that exists on this forum prohibits me from doing so. I am more than willing to answer your questions, but you'll need to look to the "right" place to find the URL to the forum where I answer javascript questions.

Last edited by Dion on January 23rd 2011, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Agenda January 23rd 2011, 2:38 am

Dion, you're like the Illuminati of Forumotion. Razz
Agenda
Agenda
Forumember

Male Posts : 172
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 23rd 2011, 8:49 pm

Agenda wrote:Dion, you're like the Illuminati of Forumotion. Razz
I'd settle for just a small portion of the world. king

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 9th 2013, 2:54 pm

Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering! Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Invision Forum - Allow us to modify the post numbering! Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down