The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Guests links vanish after previewing a post

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guests links vanish after previewing a post

Post by Sharpiefan on January 19th 2011, 11:00 am

I run an RPG and I have set my forum up so that I have a guest-friendly area for other RPGs to advertise in. However, I have noticed a problem with guests' links disappearing when they post their ads after previewing them, and I can't always find their boards by other means. It's getting to be quite a problem, especially as most people who advertise on my board are not used to Forumotion, and need to preview to make sure they've coded their ad right. (Most guests are more used to advertising on InvisionFree boards, where the BBCode is different.)

Is there any way to stop guest-posted links disappearing when they press 'Send' right after they preview?

Sharpiefan

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Guests links vanish after previewing a post

Post by kirk on January 19th 2011, 12:57 pm

what is your forum link. if you have permissions set for guest to post then anything they post should show.. so i will have to go there and try to see if i understand what you mean and what it's doing.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpiefan on January 19th 2011, 5:23 pm

It's at http://showthecolours.forumakers.com/

It's not that they can't post, it's that if/when they preview posts with a link, the links don't show up when they then press 'send' to post.

And that leads to something that looks like this: http://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1186-its-so-cliche-brand-new-no-app where the spaces between the | | marks at the bottom of the post should contain links.

Sharpiefan

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on January 19th 2011, 5:50 pm

@Sharpiefan wrote:

And that leads to something that looks like this: http://showthecolours.forumakers.com/t1186-its-so-cliche-brand-new-no-app where the spaces between the | | marks at the bottom of the post should contain links.

you are not using the right center tags

center tags for bbcode are just
Code:
[center]content here. [/center]

As far as the first i think there is a setting for it in the acp under user options.. i will have to look because i may be getting mixed up with my other boards.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpiefan on January 19th 2011, 5:58 pm

It's not the tags I've got a problem with.

That post was put up by someone who coded their post for an InvisionFree board, where IF uses [align=center] tags. That is fixable.

The problem I'm having is that when people come along to post ads for their own boards, and preview the post, link that showed in the preview do not show in the actual post.

Which is what happened with that post. And the fact that even when I go to edit their post, there are no [url=] tags and/or links there... That's the problem, and I can't do anything about it.

Sharpiefan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on January 19th 2011, 9:47 pm

Guest can't post links. This is for security.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpiefan on January 19th 2011, 10:48 pm

If you mean, links are deleted automatically if a post is previewed before it's sent, that's one thing. But guests can post links - I've got two whole ad forums specifically for guest-posted links and the only time their links haven't posted is when they've they've previewed their posts first.

Which is good to know, if annoying in practice.

And I do appreciate Forumotion's security measures, even if I find them a little irksome at times.

Sharpiefan

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum