The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Help with edit buttons!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with edit buttons!

Post by themusicluvr12 on January 23rd 2011, 11:04 pm

Hi! I need help on the edit button! well, I want my moderators and staff ot be able to edit some posts.. But the moderators and staff at my forums cannot see it. So how can I make it that my staffs can edit member's post?

Please help :]

Sorry if this was already posted!

themusicluvr12

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Help with edit buttons!

Post by patiogardener on January 23rd 2011, 11:34 pm

Go to your Admin Panel>General>Forum>Categories & forums>X/tick (permissions)>Moderate>Tick>Click Save.

Repeat for each forum you wish your moderators to be able to edit others' posts, as they all have to be done individually.

patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351
Language : English

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by themusicluvr12 on January 23rd 2011, 11:43 pm

joybells wrote:Go to your Admin Panel>General>Forum>Categories & forums>X/tick (permissions)>Moderate>Tick>Click Save.

Repeat for each forum you wish your moderators to be able to edit others' posts, as they all have to be done individually.

I did that but my staffs still cant edit their posts. only said they can edit their own posts. But I want my staffs to be alble to edit other members post too

themusicluvr12

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener on January 23rd 2011, 11:56 pm

You will have to give them the same permissions, as moderators, by ticking (or checking) their group as well, in the Moderate column.

patiogardener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by themusicluvr12 on January 24th 2011, 12:16 am

Im really confused can you please show some pics? Smile sorry IM actually very young so idk much about this! Razz

themusicluvr12

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener on January 24th 2011, 12:26 am

Sorry, I do not know how pics would help you with this problem. I presume your staff are in a group, the same as the moderators are. If not you will have to put them into one. Then you will be able to give them the same permissions as your moderators have. This is where you use the X/tick permissions in Categories & forums described above.

One thing I would like to warn you about, is giving too many people, on your forum, too many permissions. This can lead to all kinds of problems.

patiogardener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum