The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

The legal side of erase posts on the forum.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The legal side of erase posts on the forum.

Post by la podenquera on January 30th 2011, 11:29 am

Hi everyone.
I have a problem with a previous member wanting me to erase all his posts on the forum. He has already closed his membership so his name on the posts are gone. It only say guests. There are several other persons that have messages under the name Guest too. So my question is, does a member have a legal right to claim that I must remove all his posts? It would be a an impossible task for me. How on earth shall I know which one he has written or not. And if everyone who get mad on a forum should demnad it, it would be impossible to run a forum. Thank god this is the first time this has happen to me.

Thank you Hello

la podenquera

Female Posts : 74
Language : swedish

Back to top Go down

Re: The legal side of erase posts on the forum.

Post by Base on January 30th 2011, 11:37 am

Hello la podenquera,

This is a very strange issue... but I don't think that a member has the legal right to demand for his/her posts to be removed from the forum. After all, they did post it themselves. And because they are posted under "Guest" it will be impossible to know, as you said, who posted what. Smile

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Agenda on January 30th 2011, 11:59 am

Since copyright law in terms of "art" (which is creative renditions that convey a message, i.e. literature) is very gray and as clear as mud, it is best to take the safest route and delete the user's messages. You should be able cross-reference the messages through the IP address (another alternative is to enable pruning, which is what I recommend).

Also, I dare one of you teenagers take the sympathetic negative on this and say "its okay, just ignore them". Can you say "Enron"? Razz

Male Posts : 172
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on January 30th 2011, 5:19 pm

Unless there is personal information you should delete upon request.

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum