The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subforums @ the top on Invision?

3 posters

Go down

Subforums @ the top on Invision? Empty Subforums @ the top on Invision?

Post by acem January 31st 2011, 10:58 pm

Is there a way at all that I can get the subforums to appear at the top on an Invision style, as opposed to at the bottom? Being at the bottom makes them easy to be overlooked.
acem
Forumember

Male Posts : 37
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Subforums @ the top on Invision? Empty Re: Subforums @ the top on Invision?

Post by kirk February 1st 2011, 5:18 am

do you have any kind of example.
i think i know what you mean but sub-forums are always under the main forum the branch off from.

You can try moving them up on your forums page in the acp.. but not sure if it will work like that or not.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by acem February 1st 2011, 5:46 am

Hey -

What I mean is that I notice that on PunBB and PHPBB, when there's a subforum attached to a section, it appears at the very top of the main forum...but with Invision, it appears at the bottom. I would switch my version to Pun or PHPBB, but my members seem to like Invision's appearance better.
acem
Forumember

Male Posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 February 1st 2011, 7:45 am

Yes, having subforums display at the top of the page IS possible with Invision, with a little java script know-how. My forum displays this way, but I wasn't the person who had the know-how, a friend on Forumotion was the person who was able to incorporate this on my forum.

I'm not sure I can give out the information in case it's against the terms of agreement, but if you contact me, I can set you up with the person who knows. Smile
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum