The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Google Adsense conflict

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Google Adsense conflict

Post by NigelJackson on February 1st 2011, 6:19 pm

Hello, if we add our own Adsense to the forum doesn't that create a conflict with Google since forumotion already has Adsense posted there? Won't that make Google cancel our account?

Nigel

NigelJackson
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Adsense conflict

Post by MrMario on February 1st 2011, 7:01 pm

You would need to remove the ads from the forum before adding your own.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelJackson on February 1st 2011, 7:17 pm

@MrMario wrote:You would need to remove the ads from the forum before adding your own.
It is not possible to use both?

NigelJackson
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on February 1st 2011, 8:11 pm

No you can't have two contracts at once from the same company.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelJackson on February 1st 2011, 8:18 pm

@MrMario wrote:No you can't have two contracts at once from the same company.
Thank you for the help, I will buy the credits then to remove the ads. I'm having a problem understanding one thing, though. We have 2 options to remove ads. For 12 months, one is 1000 credits and another is 2000 credits. First option is for Registered Users only and second option is for Member and guests. I don't understand what this means given that in my forum ads show up only to guests, never to registered users, because of the option General - Forum - Configuration - Activate ads: Guest. I never bought any credits so far, and the ads show only to guests. So what is the difference between those 2 paying options? The first one (Registered Users) seems to be the one I already have, or what I am not getting? Please explain.

Nigel

NigelJackson
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelJackson on February 1st 2011, 11:41 pm

I need some urgent support on this issue so I can make the right choice since I want to buy credits to apply on the advertisement removal. If someone can please take the time to explain to me my doubts expressed above I would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

NigelJackson
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on February 2nd 2011, 11:08 am

May I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button) Wink

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelJackson on February 2nd 2011, 4:50 pm

Joph25 wrote:May I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button) Wink
Sure, still no one had the knowledge to answer my direct, and apparently simple question, though. Smile

NigelJackson
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 on February 2nd 2011, 5:23 pm

Hi Nigel Jackson,

It's just the odd wording of the options in the admin control panel. What you would be paying for is the ad removal for guests if this is what you want. There is no way to stop the ads from appearing to guests if you don't buy credits to do so. So, if you did buy credits, you would select the option to remove ads for members and guests to have no ads display on your forum at all.

Hope this helps.

Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelJackson on February 2nd 2011, 6:15 pm

@Brad38 wrote:Hi Nigel Jackson,

It's just the odd wording of the options in the admin control panel. What you would be paying for is the ad removal for guests if this is what you want. There is no way to stop the ads from appearing to guests if you don't buy credits to do so. So, if you did buy credits, you would select the option to remove ads for members and guests to have no ads display on your forum at all.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot for the reply, Brad. Much appreciated. I believe I got it. So what use is the other payable option for Registered Users only, if we already have that option for free in the admin panel? That is what I find confusing.

Nigel

NigelJackson
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on February 2nd 2011, 6:17 pm

This option is more for the newer forums because they don't have the option to disable ad's for members.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 on February 2nd 2011, 10:13 pm

No problem Nigel. Smile

Mr. Mario, don't you mean that the older forums don't have this option, not the newer ones? I'm a little confused as well because I guess since my forum is nearly 3 years old, there is no option to disable ads for members or reduce the ads.

I have to buy credits to remove the ads and the only option for me that makes any sense is to choose the option to disable them for members and guests.

Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum