The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by cecesaun1 on February 10th 2011, 4:26 am

My forum has been hacked. They have deleted every member, I'm no longer listed as administrator so I can't even get behind the scene and they have renamed my forum to 'cunt forum' Can you help me please?????

My forum was before it was maliciously renamed is Cstyles Sims3 Forum

Thank through the tears!

Cecesaun1
Admin of Cstyles

cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by kirk on February 10th 2011, 5:42 am

@cecesaun1 wrote:My forum has been hacked. They have deleted every member, I'm no longer listed as administrator so I can't even get behind the scene and they have renamed my forum to 'cunt forum' Can you help me please?????

My forum was before it was maliciously renamed is Cstyles Sims3 Forum

Thank through the tears!

Cecesaun1
Admin of Cstyles

you can backup/restore your forum by logging into your forum utilities tools using the original email and password you used when you created the forum.
http://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

Once you back it up.. change your pass on the forum to something more complicated and something only you know.. but be sure it's something you will not forget as well. and never under any circumstances ever share your pass with anyone.

If you are still having problems then you will have to contact Typlo for him to restore it for you.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by cecesaun1 on February 10th 2011, 7:06 am

@kirk wrote:
@cecesaun1 wrote:My forum has been hacked. They have deleted every member, I'm no longer listed as administrator so I can't even get behind the scene and they have renamed my forum to 'cunt forum' Can you help me please?????

My forum was before it was maliciously renamed is Cstyles Sims3 Forum

Thank through the tears!

Cecesaun1
Admin of Cstyles

you can backup/restore your forum by logging into your forum utilities tools using the original email and password you used when you created the forum.
http://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

Once you back it up.. change your pass on the forum to something more complicated and something only you know.. but be sure it's something you will not forget as well. and never under any circumstances ever share your pass with anyone.

If you are still having problems then you will have to contact Typlo for him to restore it for you.


I tried that earlier and it won't recognize me. I've pm'd Typlo and I'm waiting to hear back from him. Thanks for your quick reply. This is just horrible.

cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by cecesaun1 on February 10th 2011, 11:25 am

Well my forum switched back to the original minus missing a couple of days, however when I went to change my password it went right back to the hacked name.

What in the world is wrong? I thought it was fixed, what did I do wrong trying to change the password? I can't stand what they have renamed the site, it's so offensive to myself and I know it is to the members and guests.

Please help. Sad

cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by Jophy on February 10th 2011, 12:46 pm

May I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button) Wink

Hi, Please contact Typlo about your problem and explain the full situation about your problem, if he doesn't respond within 48 hours, please pm him again.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 835
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by Me.^^ on February 10th 2011, 4:00 pm

Contact any adminstrator of forumotion, they know what to do

Me.^^
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Language : Slovenian

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by kirk on February 10th 2011, 5:46 pm

send me the forum link, and i will quote you post above and post to typlos office to tryto help speed things up.
But other then that you will have to wait for typlo to reply.. if you do not hear from hin in 48 hours then message him again.

But be sure to send me the link and i will send it off to him as well.

and you should be able to log in to your forum utilities regurdless if your pass was changed on the forum or not.
It has to be the origianl email and pass you used when you created the forum.. if not, then i will send you another link back after you send me you link that may help get in the acp as well.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by cecesaun1 on February 11th 2011, 1:12 am

@kirk wrote:send me the forum link, and i will quote you post above and post to typlos office to tryto help speed things up.
But other then that you will have to wait for typlo to reply.. if you do not hear from hin in 48 hours then message him again.

But be sure to send me the link and i will send it off to him as well.

and you should be able to log in to your forum utilities regurdless if your pass was changed on the forum or not.
It has to be the origianl email and pass you used when you created the forum.. if not, then i will send you another link back after you send me you link that may help get in the acp as well.

Ok here is the forum link: cecesaun1@forumotion.com or www.cstylessims3forum@forumotion.com

I think the first link is still damaged.

I'm having trouble getting my mods back working. They can't get access even though it states they still have it.

Also, I have some html pages that were changed when I was hacked and I have no clue how to change it back. I did not make those pages, my Admin Assist did and since she can't get back into the admin panel she can't get there to fix it.

Also, since somehow this hacked version link still is somehow still accessing certain areas, how do I go in to change my password without it reverting back to the hacked version.

The hacker actually changed my URL so I need to have that reverted, deleted, burned at the stake...whatev to get it totally removed. How in the world were they able to actually do that is beyond me, I'm totally flabbergasted! I won't feel secure until I can get the password changed. Although I fear they did more than just use my password to be able to actually change the URL.
Also...is there a higher security system available that I can use?
Thanks so very very much for all you support!
Cece

cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by cecesaun1 on February 13th 2011, 5:45 am

@cecesaun1 wrote:My forum has been hacked. They have deleted every member, I'm no longer listed as administrator so I can't even get behind the scene and they have renamed my forum to 'cunt forum' Can you help me please?????

My forum was before it was maliciously renamed is Cstyles Sims3 Forum

Thank through the tears!

Cecesaun1
Admin of Cstyles

I'm still awaiting assistance please on restoring my forum. My Global Moderator nor my Administrative Assistant can access the admin panel, I still have that word that was used to substitute my url on 'cecesaun1@forumotion.com. I've been waiting patiently but have to admit that I'm becoming a bit restless because I still feel very vulnerable.

I need to be in control of the forum to fully be able to keep it functioning. Without the assistance of these 2 key people I can't maintain the site on my own.

I've been with forumotion for over a year and have caused no problem.

Can I please hear some feedback on this problem, some notice of the problem being worked on....something?

Thank you

Cecesaun1

using presently to avoid the hacked site, www.cstylessims3forum.com

cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by Jophy on February 13th 2011, 6:23 am

Hi,

We're sorry but you will need to wait until Monday 'til Typlo comes online(he doesn't work on weekends), you will need to wait for him to restore it for you.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 835
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by cecesaun1 on February 15th 2011, 7:08 am

Joph25 wrote:Hi,

We're sorry but you will need to wait until Monday 'til Typlo comes online(he doesn't work on weekends), you will need to wait for him to restore it for you.

I figured it out for myself. I'm having more problems so I just pm'd Typlo and will see if I hear back from him.

cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: My forum has been hacked and even going to restore I can't get past the 'new' name

Post by kirk on February 15th 2011, 7:22 am

[quote="cecesaun1"]
@cecesaun1 wrote:
I need to be in control of the forum to fully be able to keep it functioning. Without the assistance of these 2 key people I can't maintain the site on my own.

I've been with forumotion for over a year and have caused no problem.

Can I please hear some feedback on this problem, some notice of the problem being worked on....something?

Thank you

Cecesaun1

using presently to avoid the hacked site, www.cstylessims3forum.com

Well i just went to your forum and it appears to be a forum intact with no indications it was hacked.
I am not sure i assuming you were able to restore/get back in.
What do you mean you need full control of your forum?
If you are the founder and the owner then you do have full control.
If you have staff members you feel are not doing a good job or can not trust them,then you need to get staff embers you can trust and do the job you have them for?
I am not sure what you mean by this either so if you can explain more that will help. Smile

Thanx


@cecesaun1 wrote:
Joph25 wrote:Hi,

We're sorry but you will need to wait until Monday 'til Typlo comes online(he doesn't work on weekends), you will need to wait for him to restore it for you.

I figured it out for myself. I'm having more problems so I just pm'd Typlo and will see if I hear back from him.

You figured what out? are you back in your forum now?
If so what other problems are you having?You have to try to explain things in as much details as possible so we know what you mean Cool

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum