The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Need Help With Donation Area

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Need Help With Donation Area

Post by DigitalCyanide on February 10th 2011, 10:01 pm

I tried to post this where it belonged in Tech Issues, but that's only for Admins.

I have a pretty serious issue with my "Donations" area. It does not take members to the actual donation page. it does this ( please follow the images )

Click Here:
removed

Then members get these two images depending on IE or Firefox:
IE:
removed

Firefox:
removed
What's the deal?
I set this up as a means to help this server/host and myself, and this is what happens when ppl try to donate. Any Ideas?

Last edited by DigitalCyanide on February 16th 2011, 2:55 am; edited 2 times in total

DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Need Help With Donation Area

Post by fleet admiral hamlet on February 10th 2011, 11:16 pm

I had a problem with that to So I went to PAY PAL and got their pay pal link for venders to my pay pal account and they give you a working widget that pays your bank account problem solved

fleet admiral hamlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on February 11th 2011, 12:25 am

Its because donate.com or net doesn't exist on a Forumotion forum.

Please take a look at this topic and update your urls http://help.forumotion.com/t82930-forumotion-mod-url-rewriting-for-your-forums

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DigitalCyanide on February 12th 2011, 8:05 am

@fleet admiral hamlet wrote:I had a problem with that to So I went to PAY PAL and got their pay pal link for venders to my pay pal account and they give you a working widget that pays your bank account problem solved
I will try this out. Thank you for the info fleet admiral hamlet.

@ Mr.Mario:
I looked at the links you gave. I didn't edit anything. I was using the donation base that comes with Forumotion.
The base you offer doesn't work. It gives those pages. So why is in my Admin panel, if it doesn't work? Why is it offered as a perk/option if the site is goes to isn't affiliated? This was the links and sites that people went to trying to make donations. It was the same as the 'default' settings. I don't get it. What would have happened if those donations had went through? What would have happened if a cracker got this info? I would get sued! That's what would happen.
Why do you have dead links for the donation area? Why would you put users in the peril of possibly being sued?
I added this right from my Admin panel, which means the links are actually from Forumotion. It the dontation area Forumotion created.
Sorry, but this isn't cool. Update the things that matter.

DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on February 12th 2011, 7:06 pm

This issue is a bug. There is a link to the donation page but due to an update it killed the page. I'm not sure why you are talking about getting sued its not like you would be. I'll report this to the techs. I will need a link to a forum to be able to pass this along.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DigitalCyanide on February 16th 2011, 2:54 am

Sorry it took awhile to get back to this. Life gets in the way of itself at times.
Thank you Mr Mario, but I think I'll just go the route of the Pay Pal widget. After a little research, this seems a more viable route for me personally.
I am sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

DigitalCyanide
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on February 16th 2011, 4:39 am

Since this thread is marked solved, I will lock this thread.

Sanket Smile

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum