The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aid On Creating a New Page On My Forum: Tournament

4 posters

Go down

Aid On Creating a New Page On My Forum: Tournament Empty Aid On Creating a New Page On My Forum: Tournament

Post by electro324 February 17th 2011, 1:57 am

Okay all I need for the tournament page is like my portal :www.lesliesforum.forumrama.com Go to the portal tab. You will see that it is separated into 3 sections. I want this format for my tournament page. I still want posts and topics I start to show up in the middle just like the portal. EXCEPT the sides where it shows polls and recent topics, search, etc. Instead I want:

Left Side
The Top should say: Tourneys
And then below it are pictures of the tournaments I will be hosting at the time

Right Side
I want it to say at the top: Tourney Participants
Then below it a subsection for each game underlined followed by the names of the people in italics

Lastly at the top I would like where the calender should be I want a tournament tree with its tournament name at the top such as Call of Duty: Black Ops and the tree of matches.

Moderators may lock threads I made similar to this =]
electro324
electro324
Forumember

Male Posts : 73
Language : English

http://leslielfforum.forumrama.com

Back to top Go down

Aid On Creating a New Page On My Forum: Tournament Empty Re: Aid On Creating a New Page On My Forum: Tournament

Post by Darren1 February 23rd 2011, 2:14 am

Hi,

Is this similar to what you desire?

http://testorial.forumotion.com/h11-for-retro

Just needs a black background, and your desired info & the calender script.

Thanks for the PM Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Aid On Creating a New Page On My Forum: Tournament Empty Re: Aid On Creating a New Page On My Forum: Tournament

Post by kirk February 23rd 2011, 5:21 pm

it seems all you have to do is create the widgets you want and add them to the portal?

go to

Admin panel>modules>portal>portal stucture.

drag the widgets you do not want to the basket then hit save.

now create a custum widget and give it the name/title you wish then hit save.
do this for all the widgets you are going to want.. once the widgets are created, you can then drag and place them from the list to where you want them in your portal, then click save.

Once you have the widgest you want and where you want them placed, you can then add all your content to the widget and once again hit save after the content is added.

So yeah it seems the whole time you where just asking to add your own custum widgest to the portal and remove the ones you do not want

I think....I hope... lol Smile

But that should do it, if you dont want certain widgets in there. then just drag them to the basket and hit save.. and once again follow the steps above on how to create and place them.. just be sure to always hio save.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by electro324 February 24th 2011, 3:03 am

okay u have most of it but im not editing the portal, im making a new page
and when i create a widget it needs a code i don't no where to get or how to make

so if you can tell me how to do that for the purposes I need and how to make the new page i created on the portal modules to be shown in the nav bar i should be able to take it from there
electro324
electro324
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by KHPlayer February 24th 2011, 3:06 am

electro324 wrote:okay u have most of it but im not editing the portal, im making a new page
and when i create a widget it needs a code i don't no where to get or how to make

so if you can tell me how to do that for the purposes I need and how to make the new page i created on the portal modules to be shown in the nav bar i should be able to take it from there

You can use HTML you know. I don't know exactly, but I know what are you talking about.
You are trying to make a new, "portal" page right?
KHPlayer
KHPlayer
Forumember

Male Posts : 64

http://khplayer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 February 24th 2011, 3:08 am

Yes, Ive got the portal structure down, is it the way you desire?

Are you adding the widget to the portal or HTML Page?

To put a link in the header, we simply get the HTML page link, and insert it in the Display > Headers & navigation > Add new

What else do u need to add to it?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by electro324 February 28th 2011, 1:20 pm

yes u have it down and thats what I mean except those two colums would be on the right and left side of the page consecutively

But where it says T1 I'd want a picture of the tournament game or a name link to a html (that I don't how to make or operate) with the tournament info and participants

The left side would have the participants that are signed up for the current tournament but I'd write it manually on the right side of the page (if possible)

but the whole widget and html codes I have no idea about
electro324
electro324
Forumember

Back to top Go down