The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic Icons - How to add a "solved" icon

Go down

Topic Icons - How to add a "solved" icon Empty Topic Icons - How to add a "solved" icon

Post by MrMario February 19th 2011, 6:18 pm

Topic Icons - How to add a "solved" icon

Introduction
Topic icons are simply icons that appear next to the topic itself. They are used here at the English ForuMotion support forum as "solved" icons which look like: Topic Icons - How to add a "solved" icon Solved10. In this tutorial, I will go through the process on adding topic icons in detail. Before we begin, I would like to note that I am using advanced mode of the Administration Panel.

First of all, you will need to know where to locate it. Topic icons can be found at:

1. Administration Panel (advanced mode)

2. Display Tab
Topic Icons - How to add a "solved" icon Displaytab
3. Pics management - advanced mode (on the left, under Pictures and Colors)
Topic Icons - How to add a "solved" icon Picsmanagement
4. Select Topic Icons mini-tab
Topic Icons - How to add a "solved" icon Topicicons-1

Adding a Topic Icon
When creating a topic icon, you will see this page:
Topic Icons - How to add a "solved" icon Topiciconspage

Icon title: This is what the topic icon is called. In this case, the solved icon happens to be called Solved. Fill this field in to your liking.

Icon: This is what the topic icon looks like. You will need to provide an image URL to fill in this field with. In this case, the solved icon has the image URL of:
Code:
http://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/11/22/70/40/solved10.png

Auth level: This is where you can set who may use your topic icon(s). The four options are ALL, MEMBERS, MODERATORS and ADMIN.

If ALL is selected, then everyone including guest (if you allow them to post) can use your topic icons.
If MEMBERS is selected, then members and above are allowed to your topic icons.
If MODERATORS is selected, then only forum moderators and administrators can use your topic icons.
If ADMIN is selected, then only administrators can use your topic icons.

Default assignement: If there isn't a topic icon specified a topic, then this topic icon you create will be the default topic icon for said topic. There are three options to choose from; Announcements, Sticky and Normal. You can select more than one option.

If Announcements is selected, then an announcement/global announcement without a topic icon will use the topic icon you create.
If Sticky is selected, then a sticky without a topic icon will use the topic icon you create.
If Normal is selected, then a normal topic (i.e. not sticky nor announcement/global announcement) will use the topic icon you create.

Topic Icons in Use
After creating a topic icon, you can then finally use it! To do so, simply open up a new topic and you will see a row called Topic Icon and from there you can use the topic icon you created! Very Happy

Thank you for reading this. If you have any problems, please don't hesistate to ask in the support forums. Wink

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Ultimus likes this post

Back to top Go down