The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

+61
bigugly11
ozmum
wow99
Base
MasterClaus
Bad Wolf
Zod
bplewis24
Asteroid35
Zeus
trashead
Ms.Milady
!_NICK_!
paor
Cody!
Tropica
hackmodford
maiquang
esoterica
Rogo
Ivo94
darkspectre
mpelmmc
LH Justin
sisterval
D
mrs dj
lisa1302
RisingForce
Natarama
felicity4us2
Login!
SoulART
TT_05_Stang
Ezio
Russel
huskyadmin
HyBrIdIzAtIoN
sivastar
Brad38
MarkChan
eagle8x
YoshiGM
BA_admin
LostLegend
JaloxinGraphics
Darren1
paint
adminplpl
-17emon.KiD-
Made
musket
Syfte
tugatech
TGC HARDC0RE
ToTheFuture
jamski
Irian
MrMario
Emilio
Shadow
65 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 5 Empty NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by Shadow February 23rd 2011, 5:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Hello,

In order to continuously improve our services and to bring you the best in the world of forums, we offer you today a new update that will add three brand new features. Very Happy

Without making you wait longer, here are the contents of this update:

1. Modifying the footer of your forums : In exchange of credits, you will know be able to delete the footer. Extra feature, you can also add your own links for free!

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 5 RvVKI

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 5 MriZm

2. More options in the moderation panel : You will now be able to change several topics at a time to 'sticky', 'announcement' or 'normal' in a few clicks!

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 5 BLNoK

3. Your forum on your Mobile phone : Now, your forums are fully optimized for browsing via mobile devices and smartphones. The principle is very simple, the forum will automatically detect the visitors who access it from a mobile device or smartphone, and it automatically displays a version optimized for this type of navigation.
Of course, the visitor who does not wish to use the mobile version will be available to him the possibility to return to normal view forum.
This feature is still in beta, you will only be able to browse the forum as a guest. No posting yet.

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 5 GZXj6

Finally, A big THANK YOU to the entire Forumotion community for all those brilliant ideas!
See you soon!

Best,
Forumotion Team

Last edited by Typlo on February 25th 2011, 4:07 pm; edited 9 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by ToTheFuture March 10th 2011, 5:42 pm

That's not the issue. If anyone took the time to read it, it clearly states that it is still in BETA mode... No logging in/ posting for now, only viewing/browsing.
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 5 Empty Re: NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by Zeus March 12th 2011, 1:47 pm

This option very useful.
Zeus
Zeus
Forumember

Male Posts : 405
Language : Romanian and english

http://help.forumgratuit.ro

Back to top Go down

Post by trashead March 13th 2011, 3:54 am

Russel wrote:
trashead wrote:i can view my site using mobile version but i can't see any login menu. So what I did is login in a classic website view and then login and go back to the mobile view, when I browsing one of my topics, I cant see any reply or quick reply box? What seems to be the problem?

what is the brand of your phone? Not all models of mobile phones do not support some features of mobile version of forumotion now. Maybe there will be more fixes to do but we need to wait and have patience. Soon enough. It would be better and fixed. Smile

hey! Thanks for the reply... I'm using iPhone4, also tried it in my android phone, same result... but it's ok... as the other poster said, it's in beta mode so expect something like login/logout and even reply box is not yet available... This feature is nice! hope it would be better soon!
trashead
trashead

Language : english

http://lagunamotoclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroid35 March 13th 2011, 10:54 am

I don't seem to be able to go to the last page of a thread in the mobile version. Am I just missing something obvious, or is that going to be in the final version? That is quite an important feature for long threads.

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Asteroid35
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroid35 March 13th 2011, 11:03 am

Another thing is, it would be nice to have the font a bit larger (or at least giving the user the option to adjust the font size like on Tapatalk). Smile
Asteroid35
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture March 13th 2011, 3:23 pm

trashead wrote:
Russel wrote:
trashead wrote:i can view my site using mobile version but i can't see any login menu. So what I did is login in a classic website view and then login and go back to the mobile view, when I browsing one of my topics, I cant see any reply or quick reply box? What seems to be the problem?

what is the brand of your phone? Not all models of mobile phones do not support some features of mobile version of forumotion now. Maybe there will be more fixes to do but we need to wait and have patience. Soon enough. It would be better and fixed. Smile

hey! Thanks for the reply... I'm using iPhone4, also tried it in my android phone, same result... but it's ok... as the other poster said, it's in beta mode so expect something like login/logout and even reply box is not yet available... This feature is nice! hope it would be better soon!

As I've told multiple people... it's in BETA (testing) mode. At this time, there is no logging in, no posting, and no replying. Read the post before you ask questions please. :/
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 13th 2011, 6:18 pm

Asteroid35 wrote:Another thing is, it would be nice to have the font a bit larger (or at least giving the user the option to adjust the font size like on Tapatalk). Smile

Tapatalk can't be installed with us as they require newer software that isn't phpbb2.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by bplewis24 March 17th 2011, 7:02 pm

I have a question: is it possible for a developer on a mobile platform to create a mobile application for that platform that is compatible with our forumotion site? Or is that not possible because server-side changes need to be made to make the application compatible?

Brandon
bplewis24

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture March 18th 2011, 1:16 am

I don't know... I was actually almost done creating a mobile application of my own for the forum, but then they came out with this! Confused
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by D March 18th 2011, 5:54 pm

I have PM a couple managers on here with a specific question and did NOT get straight answers,it reminds me of calling customer service and getting someone who doesn't speak very good english. So I guess I give up with my pretty straight forward question!
D
D
Forumember

Female Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by D March 18th 2011, 5:54 pm

I have PM a couple managers on here with a specific question and did NOT get straight answers,it reminds me of calling customer service and getting someone who doesn't speak very good english. So I guess I give up with my pretty straight forward question!
D
D
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 18th 2011, 5:59 pm

Please don’t double and or triple post. Post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button.

Your question was?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by D March 18th 2011, 6:02 pm

I'm sorry,I didn't ,I clicked send "ONCE" and for some reason I see it posted twice.
D
D
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Zod March 19th 2011, 12:34 am

All of my custom graphics are now missing. This includes menu icons, forum logo, etc. This update appears to have caused them to be visible on the phone, but not on the PC (broken in both IE and FireFox). I need help fixing this right away.

I am using this theme version phpBB3 (prosilver). but have heavily modified the graphics and colors. The colors are okay, avatar pictures are there, but none of the graphics I uploaded and incorporated into my site.

I have searched for the forum and have not found any solution.

Zod

PS: After going to classic mode to login, I switched back to mobile mode. It looks very good on my HTC Android (Sprint). Even the poll looks good. One exception. The text in the poll title overlaps on itself. Top of bottom row of text overlaps with bottom of top row text.
Zod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Wolf March 20th 2011, 3:14 pm

I have a specific mobile banner i would like to use on my forum as i have done with my main site
i know this is all still in the beta stages, however, will it be possible to change the banner/logo that is displayed on the mobile version?
Bad Wolf
Bad Wolf
Forumember

Female Posts : 287

http://darkfx.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterClaus March 21st 2011, 7:28 am

Sorry, but I don't like the Mobile fourm update, how can I disable that?
Because my forum's language is Vietnamese and it often visited by Mobile, so many member of my Forum don't know to click "Classic Version" to login or register.
If it go on update, I want my member can login and register, show image but resize, show banner for mobile, if not, I want a Classic version link can be translate on header.
sorry for my English.
MasterClaus
MasterClaus
Forumember

Male Posts : 27
Language : Vietnamese, a few of English

http://www.chiase24h.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Base March 21st 2011, 7:30 pm

There should be a classic version button at the bottom of the forum index. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 March 27th 2011, 9:59 am

A friend showed me the forum on his I-phone it looked good. My question is does it work for all 'smartphones'? or are there certain makes where the mobile version doesn't work?
wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroid35 March 27th 2011, 6:00 pm

Hi again, is there any news on when it will be out of beta?

I did quite like the look of it, but it won't really be any
use to me until it is possible to post with it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Asteroid35 on March 27th 2011, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asteroid35
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture March 27th 2011, 7:10 pm

Base wrote:There should be a classic version button at the bottom of the forum index. Smile
I don't think you quite understood MasterClaus' question... He/she is saying that their forum is Vietnamese, and nobody understands the "Classic version" button since, quite obviously, it's written in English. They were wondering if there's a way to disable it entirely (which sadly there isn't), or to at least have the button text be translated for people like him/her who have forums in a different language.
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base March 27th 2011, 7:12 pm

Well, may be in due time it will be translated. But right now, all I can say to advise all his members to click on the button at the bottom of the index. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture March 27th 2011, 7:25 pm

I've just removed all topics from "Guest" except for a special category that says to click on it (written in big letters), in which there is a topic also saying to click on it, in which is text saying "click button here" over top of a centered arrow pointing down at the button. Razz
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ozmum April 6th 2011, 3:04 am

Any news of it coming out of the BETA version?
I have many members who keep asking thats all Smile
ozmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 10th 2011, 6:09 am

i dont get it how to upgrade it on my site?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigugly11 April 17th 2011, 1:35 pm

As an Admin, I can not see the "Classic Version" at the bottom of the homepage.
Can someone post an image as to what the "Classic Version" at the bottom of the homepage looks like when some views a home page from a mobile phone.
I would like to post it on a forum for....FYI.

Thanks,
bigugly11
bigugly11
bigugly11
Forumember

Male Posts : 102
Language : english
Location : Half way up a mountain in the Tennessee National Forrest!

http://easttnforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 5 Empty Whats the point if its guests only??

Post by sheffieldsteel April 21st 2011, 10:04 pm

Seems to defeat the object, does it not?

My forums 'members only' and to have service that is only available to guests is pretty useless dont you think??

Why did you bother?

Why go to all the trouble if its no use to anyone?
sheffieldsteel

Male Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Base April 22nd 2011, 11:13 am

sheffieldsteel wrote:Seems to defeat the object, does it not?

My forums 'members only' and to have service that is only available to guests is pretty useless dont you think??

Why did you bother?

What do you mean? This service is only in BETA mode, please bear that in mind. Once it becomes fully available, your members will be allowed to post on the forum using a smart phone or tablet computer.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroid35 April 25th 2011, 11:29 am

In its current form, it only causes usability problems and risks losing posters. I know one of my members said that she tried to get on using her phone and hadn't been able to. Apart from her phone, she is only able to get on at work (and her access there is very limited). I think her first failed attempt at getting on discouraged her from trying again with her phone.

People logging onto sites from mobile devices who haven't been warned about the situation will be simply unable to use the forum unless they happen to click on the 'Classic Version'

In members only forums, if they only have access to the internet with their mobile devices, it seems likely that they won't get to see any 'announcement' posted in the forum. I suppose you could email all your members, but it seems a bit silly to have to do that.

Members only forums could also set up a 'guests section' specifically to warn mobile device users about the problem, but again, that is a bit of a hassle to work around something which is supposed to improve usability.

I understand the need for a beta, but couldn't it have been a fully functioning beta (by which I mean people being able to post)? Or for a shorter time, maybe reverting to the previous version after you'd had a play around with it?

I would not personally describe a forum as being 'optimized for smartphone use' if you can't post from the smartphone view. Being able to post is actually quite important!

Look, what is up so far looks promising, but is there any way you could turn the thing off until it is actually properly ready for people to effectively use (by people other than forum lurkers)?

Unless it is almost ready. Is there any news on when the non-beta version will be launched?

The longer it goes on, the more chance of forums losing active members for good...

I'm sure people on here will be a lot happier with you if you just give an estimate of how long it will go on for. Smile

So would just turning it off for the time being!

But it is obviously up to you...

EDIT - Just had a look to remind myself of how long it has been like this. Two months. I thought it was something like that. I really would appreciate you telling us if it will be much longer. Smile
Asteroid35
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sheffieldsteel April 25th 2011, 8:47 pm

Base wrote:
sheffieldsteel wrote:Seems to defeat the object, does it not?

Why did you bother?

What do you mean? This service is only in BETA mode, please bear that in mind. Once it becomes fully available, your members will be allowed to post on the forum using a smart phone or tablet computer.

Its quite obvious what I mean, its above in black and white.

Why bother introducing something that restricts guests from becoming members? They cannot join in the forum, nor can they join/register as they can only view the forum as a guest, so, whats the point??

Why dont you tell us when you have got to the route of the problem and when people can actually view the whole site, join in, register and actually use the forums. All this does is put potential members off and make them go to sites that they can view as a member and register with thier iphones or tablet computers. As I asked before, whats the point in this application?
sheffieldsteel

Male Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Y I Man April 27th 2011, 7:43 pm

I agree with the points made about having the version on a mobile when you cant actually post. We have had quite a few queries about it, but simply tell members to switch to classic view to enable them to post.

However, on smart phones it is very annoying because you have to keep zooming in everytime you access a different part of the forum.

I cant wait for the full version to launch, any news on a possible timescale that i can pass onto the members? We have a newsletter coming out soon and an update on the situation would be good to mention in it.
Y I Man
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next