The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

+61
bigugly11
ozmum
wow99
Base
MasterClaus
Bad Wolf
Zod
bplewis24
Asteroid35
Zeus
trashead
Ms.Milady
!_NICK_!
paor
Cody!
Tropica
hackmodford
maiquang
esoterica
Rogo
Ivo94
darkspectre
mpelmmc
LH Justin
sisterval
D
mrs dj
lisa1302
RisingForce
Natarama
felicity4us2
Login!
SoulART
TT_05_Stang
Ezio
Russel
huskyadmin
HyBrIdIzAtIoN
sivastar
Brad38
MarkChan
eagle8x
YoshiGM
BA_admin
LostLegend
JaloxinGraphics
Darren1
paint
adminplpl
-17emon.KiD-
Made
musket
Syfte
tugatech
TGC HARDC0RE
ToTheFuture
jamski
Irian
MrMario
Emilio
Shadow
65 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 3 Empty NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by Shadow February 23rd 2011, 5:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Hello,

In order to continuously improve our services and to bring you the best in the world of forums, we offer you today a new update that will add three brand new features. Very Happy

Without making you wait longer, here are the contents of this update:

1. Modifying the footer of your forums : In exchange of credits, you will know be able to delete the footer. Extra feature, you can also add your own links for free!

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 3 RvVKI

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 3 MriZm

2. More options in the moderation panel : You will now be able to change several topics at a time to 'sticky', 'announcement' or 'normal' in a few clicks!

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 3 BLNoK

3. Your forum on your Mobile phone : Now, your forums are fully optimized for browsing via mobile devices and smartphones. The principle is very simple, the forum will automatically detect the visitors who access it from a mobile device or smartphone, and it automatically displays a version optimized for this type of navigation.
Of course, the visitor who does not wish to use the mobile version will be available to him the possibility to return to normal view forum.
This feature is still in beta, you will only be able to browse the forum as a guest. No posting yet.

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 3 GZXj6

Finally, A big THANK YOU to the entire Forumotion community for all those brilliant ideas!
See you soon!

Best,
Forumotion Team

Last edited by Typlo on February 25th 2011, 4:07 pm; edited 9 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by Ezio February 25th 2011, 4:35 pm

waw, great changes ! mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 3 951938 ,
but it seems to mobile phone version is still not running well, I've tested it with a 'blackberry curve', and I also have tested it with 'Sony Ericsson Aino U10i' and 'Xperia'. but the problem still there are some widgets that appear, even to Aino is not functioning at all.

and, if the template seems to have been tightened to protect copyrights 1 packet, yeah that's okay salut
Ezio
Ezio
Forumember

Male Posts : 155
Language : Bahasa. Indonesia

http://www.forumbargedoz.ce.ms

Back to top Go down

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by Shadow February 25th 2011, 4:59 pm

We've made some modification with the mobile version, awaiting your feedbacks. Smile
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by huskyadmin February 25th 2011, 5:03 pm

Typlo wrote:We've made some modification with the mobile version, awaiting your feedbacks. Smile
How do we get back to the mobile version if we've already clicked to view the classic version? Smile
huskyadmin
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by huskyadmin February 25th 2011, 5:04 pm

Ugh. I really need a delete or edit button. Or at least to try to read tiny print when I look at my phone :p
huskyadmin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 25th 2011, 5:10 pm

huskyadmin wrote:
Typlo wrote:We've made some modification with the mobile version, awaiting your feedbacks. Smile
How do we get back to the mobile version if we've already clicked to view the classic version? Smile

You've got a link in the footer.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel February 25th 2011, 5:19 pm

I dont know how to go to to mobile version of forumotion. When i go to support forum (forumotion) using my mobile, it still appears in classic. ive checked the footer and i cant see any to change it in mobile Smile
Russel
Russel
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
Language : English, Filipino

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 25th 2011, 5:23 pm

I love this update Laughing Very very very good Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 25th 2011, 5:32 pm

Russel wrote:I dont know how to go to to mobile version of forumotion. When i go to support forum (forumotion) using my mobile, it still appears in classic. ive checked the footer and i cant see any to change it in mobile Smile

It's still isn't 100% compatible with all phones. We're working on that.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang February 25th 2011, 5:41 pm

I use a Droid X and I do most of my administration through the sites with it. However now I can not since the mobile view is always present. There is no way to NOT view it as a mobile site. Is there any way to turn this "beta" off?

Also all the photobucket links of picture to thousands of cars on our car site now are all displaying as bad links after this patch.
TT_05_Stang

Back to top Go down

Post by huskyadmin February 25th 2011, 5:43 pm

I like the colors and that it's easy to read, but seeing as how so many of our users browse exclusively from phones now a days, I would like to see more of what is already on the forum.

-There are no widgets available. I love the recent posts/topics sidebar and I would hate to not have that all the time.
-I would like to be able to see the sub-forums on the main page.
-In the future, it would be nice to have more ability to customize the mobile view. I feel like all personality is sucked out of the forum in mobile view, so although it may be convenient for mobile viewing, I would still view in classic mode on my smart phone (if I were viewing all the time from my phone).

But again, I love the idea. I like the colors and the simplicity. I think it's a great first start but it definitely FEELS like a beta version, so I'm very interested to see how it progresses.

I would still like to see a toggle view link near the top of the page instead of the bottom as well. Perhaps a button that never leaves the view?
huskyadmin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulART February 25th 2011, 6:54 pm

I won't uses thiS until it finish coded an tested for full release .

SoulART
SoulART
Forumember

http://www.witalent.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend February 25th 2011, 9:35 pm

Thank you for making it so that we don't get logged out.
However, having it appear as a normal view first then showing up the option "do you want to use mobile view?" Should be a better idea.
LostLegend
LostLegend
Forumember

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Login! February 26th 2011, 3:19 am

Hi,

Good update forumotion, its´s disponible for Brazil too!

Even more.
Login!
Login!

Male Posts : 5
Language : Portuguese - English

Back to top Go down

Post by felicity4us2 February 26th 2011, 3:23 am

The mobile phone option is super cool - love it. When we be able to post. Can't wait.

Seriously - our members are thrilled -

Thank you, Felicity
felicity4us2
felicity4us2
Forumember

Language : english

http://igdid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natarama February 26th 2011, 3:34 am

yay
Natarama
Natarama

Male Posts : 20

http://skillsland.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by adminplpl February 26th 2011, 11:49 am

On nokia symbian smartfones it's don't wokr. I try on nokia 5800 using opera and software browser.
adminplpl
adminplpl
Forumember

Male Posts : 98
Language : Polish, English, Css, Html, BBcode, Wiki Syntax

http://www.orchidswiki.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Irian February 26th 2011, 1:42 pm

it don't go with my phone...
Irian
Irian
Forumember

Male Posts : 661
Language : English, Français, Spagnol, Latin, ecc.

http://www.puregroups.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by RisingForce February 26th 2011, 3:09 pm

I know this is the beta version and so far looks great. Is it however normal that in beta mode you can only VIEW the forum?
I am the moderator and do not see the New Topic, Reply, Quote etc to make posts or start threads.

Sorry if this has already been discussed and thanks in advance for any help.

Cool
RisingForce

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 February 26th 2011, 3:15 pm

I was a bit miffed that mobile went beta without warning as I have flu and was unable to answer any queries for over a day, our FB group was un-indated with people who couldn't log in - had we been given warning I could have been prepared with how they needed to go back to the usual forum look.
Looking forward to full version as it does look better to use - but hopefully we get told its going to happen?! All it does is cause 'panic' and I hate it cos it makes the forum look stupid!

I haven't edited my footer, or paid to remove it - but the links have gone!
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Female Posts : 305
Language : Enlish

http://www.babiesandall.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs dj February 26th 2011, 3:20 pm

I still can't get it to work with my iphone and forum but yet I can with other peoples forums
mrs dj
mrs dj

Female Posts : 24
Language : english

http://shamblers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture February 26th 2011, 5:23 pm

Will images be displayed in messages? How about RPG stuff?
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 3 Empty MOBILE

Post by D February 26th 2011, 6:45 pm

Just want to say a Big Thank you for adding this,this is going to be awesome!!!!!! :wouhou:
D
D
Forumember

Female Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by D February 26th 2011, 6:54 pm

I simply went to my browser on my cell and logged into group and posted,letting my members know that it's now available on MOBILE,there gonna be THRILLED!!!

You just use the quicky reply box to post and yes images will be posted.

I take it,it costs money to edit footer? I have never used the credits thing,really don't know much about it.
D
D
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by sisterval February 26th 2011, 7:54 pm

I haven't edited my footer, or paid to remove it - but the links have gone! [/quote]

My forum is the same I haven't edited the footer or paid to remove it but the links have gone ???
sisterval
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by D February 26th 2011, 8:06 pm

I just found the "foot links Configuration" under ADMIN Panel Modules but nothing happens when I try to modify and ad my own links. Do you have to buy credits,is this why?

Weird that sisterval's links are gone.

D
D
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 February 26th 2011, 8:12 pm

D wrote:I simply went to my browser on my cell and logged into group and posted,letting my members know that it's now available on MOBILE,there gonna be THRILLED!!!

You just use the quicky reply box to post and yes images will be posted.

I take it,it costs money to edit footer? I have never used the credits thing,really don't know much about it.

I don't understand your post at all - firstly the forums have always been available on mobile, in fact mine shows and works perfectly in classic mode exactly how it is online. This update is regarding the new Beta mobile version, so I'm not sure how you logged on as it does not allow log in or posting? There is no quick reply box.

Currently images even as simple as smilies do not show and have to be clicked - this is not acceptable to me - how will members ever know what is a smilie and what is an inserted image - they will get fed up in a very short period of time.

lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by D February 26th 2011, 8:22 pm

lisa1302,

Like I said. I saw the beta mobile version update in my control panel so I went to my forum on my cell and logged in and posted. Just like I'm using quick reply box here to post,thats what I used at my forum to post and I clicked on one of my smilies and it did post. Also I don't see anywhere on my forum where it says classic or mobile,so I'm not understanding that part that I have read in these posts. All I can tell you is I DID login and post from my blackberry.(my forum not here in support,I'm on my computer right now)
D
D
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin February 26th 2011, 8:22 pm

Is there any way to turn off mobile? All I get on my forum is a link that says "Classic", and when you click it it takes you to the register page. Most likely because I have my forum hidden and new members disabled, but this mobile version completely ignores the fact that I have a homepage set.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Post by mpelmmc February 26th 2011, 8:31 pm

Awesome updates. I have to cheer forumotion by work every day for listen to the user's suggestions, and add it in forumotion. Great work forumotion! Wink
mpelmmc
mpelmmc
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1092
Language : English and Spanish

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 February 26th 2011, 8:40 pm

D wrote:lisa1302,

Like I said. I saw the beta mobile version update in my control panel so I went to my forum on my cell and logged in and posted. Just like I'm using quick reply box here to post,thats what I used at my forum to post and I clicked on one of my smilies and it did post. Also I don't see anywhere on my forum where it says classic or mobile,so I'm not understanding that part that I have read in these posts. All I can tell you is I DID login and post from my blackberry.(my forum not here in support,I'm on my computer right now)

How do you know you are on the beta version though, if you can't see a button to go back to Classic version then maybe you haven't even been on the beta version - its nothing like your normal forum, and Typlo has said you cant log in or post on beta.

lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next