The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

not at all entering in my forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

not at all entering in my forum

Post by last_angel on February 25th 2011, 12:00 am

i can't enter my forum:

http://www.4stoixeia.gr/ (i've used my domain name)

when i try to enter i see a blank page with a link
Code:
You can return to the index...

and when i click it tries to reconnect...
i have over 300 members and i have serious problem.... please help....

last_angel

Language : gr

Back to top Go down

Re: not at all entering in my forum

Post by ToTheFuture on February 25th 2011, 12:26 am

I can enter. Or do you mean signing in? Razz Is there a Test Account we couls use to try and help you?

ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 25th 2011, 12:56 am

Thanks to this wonderful update, I've personally lost the entire contents of picture galleries on two forums, and a third forum is inaccessible due to the problem you reported.

The first problem is just like what happened last year at this time, when hundreds of forums permanently lost the contents of their picture galleries. One hopes the loss isn't permanent this time, but I know better.

The second problem is being caused by the ancient, buggy phpBB2 server code incorrecting reading the user agent header. Guess what? forumotion thinks you and your members are bots! Whoopee!

eToxic, isn't it about time you got rid of the ancient phpBB2 server code? The code is so convoluted and fragile at this point that changing one fragment breaks two others, and every update is causing HUGE problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture on February 25th 2011, 1:26 am

You don't have to be so rude about it! They work hard just to please people like you! Be nice. Evil or Very Mad

And if you're so smart as to forsee something like this, shouldn't you back all your seemingly precious gallery photos up somewhere? Sheesh, even I know better! Every image for my site is backed up three times on terabyte hard drives.

Besides, it's not like it's the end of the world! There are worse things that can happen to you. Stop being melodramatic and rude.

Sorry for ranting there, I tend to take insult from people who act like that... Shit

ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 25th 2011, 3:26 am

I was going to make a much different response, and then I saw your join date. So all I'm going to say is...you're new around here, so get used to what happened today. It's going to happen again. And again. And again.

I've had enough.

To Luky or any other admin: please delete this account. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 on February 25th 2011, 8:59 pm

@ToTheFuture wrote:You don't have to be so rude about it! They work hard just to please people like you! Be nice. Evil or Very Mad

And if you're so smart as to forsee something like this, shouldn't you back all your seemingly precious gallery photos up somewhere? Sheesh, even I know better! Every image for my site is backed up three times on terabyte hard drives.

Besides, it's not like it's the end of the world! There are worse things that can happen to you. Stop being melodramatic and rude.

Sorry for ranting there, I tend to take insult from people who act like that... Shit

ToTheFuture,

Dion was not being rude at all, he was speaking the truth and the facts. Both him and I have been Forumotion members and users for nearly 3 years and besides this, he's a GENIUS when it comes to CSS, Javascript, HTML, coding etc. No offence, but you on the other hand are new here and just starting your forum. PLUS, it doesn't sound like you know a whole lot about coding...I don't either and admit that.

We have daily backups of our forums, or we're supposed to and we trust that in those backups our files are kept safe. There shouldn't be a reason or necessity to keep EVERY LAST FILE backed up and especially those picture files in our galleries (if we use a gallery). Same thing applies to all the smilies and avatars that are user created! Trying to keep track of all those files and backing them up would be an impossible task and extremely time consuming to say the least!

Maybe, and once you've been here awhile, understand the goings on, then you have a right to rant. But until some time passes, your complaints and rebuttals directed at those more experienced than you, will probably fall on deaf ears.

Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on February 26th 2011, 3:00 am

There is an only topic about the problem here:
http://help.forumotion.com/t86560-only-topici-can-t-access-my-forum

Please report same issues there

@Dion & Brad38 ~ If you're not gonna provide a support to a thread, then please don't post it on someone's thread requesting a support, If you don't like the service of Forumotion then why not try other hosts? And Dion, if you want to have your account to be deleted, contact Luky

The topic is locked

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum