The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Invited Friends cannot Register ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Invited Friends cannot Register ?

Post by MIO022 on February 27th 2011, 1:50 am

I have issued invites via email but when trying to register Friends cannot ?

I want to keep the Forum "Private" ie invited members only via invitation etc whilst I write my book protecting copyright ...

MIO022
Forumember

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Invited Friends cannot Register ?

Post by Sanket on February 27th 2011, 5:32 am

What error do your friends get?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Invited Friends cannot Register ?

Post by MIO022 on February 27th 2011, 10:43 am

@Sanket wrote:What error do your friends get?

This "Administrators have forbidden any new members."

I ticked allow new members Confused as far as I am aware Confused

MIO022
Forumember

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Invited Friends cannot Register ?

Post by Base on February 27th 2011, 11:20 am

Hmm... you may want to check out this topic for further help on unlocking your forum: http://help.forumotion.com/t35100-how-to-unlock-your-forum

Also, I would recommend admin activation if you plan to restrict your forum to friends only. This is because you, as the administrator, can decide who registers and who doesn't. Very Happy

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1687
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Invited Friends cannot Register ?

Post by MIO022 on February 27th 2011, 11:44 am

@Base wrote:Hmm... you may want to check out this topic for further help on unlocking your forum: http://help.forumotion.com/t35100-how-to-unlock-your-forum

Also, I would recommend admin activation if you plan to restrict your forum to friends only. This is because you, as the administrator, can decide who registers and who doesn't. Very Happy


Many Thank`s indeed Very Happy I do want to keep the Forum private due to protecting Articles posted there for my new book ..

Can Guests see the content without registering ?

Solved the Registration issues !

I have just activated an account ...

MIO022
Forumember

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Invited Friends cannot Register ?

Post by Base on February 27th 2011, 11:46 am

You're welcome! Glad to be of your assistance!

Guests can only see what they can see depending on your permissions. You can read this topic for further help on setting permissions: http://help.forumotion.com/t38399-restricted-forums

Just make sure that you uncheck the guest row whilst keeping the member's row. Repeat for all forums; when you have finished, guests can no longer see any forums on your index. Smile

Regards,

Base

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1687
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Invited Friends cannot Register ?

Post by MIO022 on February 27th 2011, 2:54 pm

@Base wrote:You're welcome! Glad to be of your assistance!

Guests can only see what they can see depending on your permissions. You can read this topic for further help on setting permissions: http://help.forumotion.com/t38399-restricted-forums

Just make sure that you uncheck the guest row whilst keeping the member's row. Repeat for all forums; when you have finished, guests can no longer see any forums on your index. Smile

Regards,

Base

Excellent Tutorials Very Happy

I have hopefully privatized the Forum now Embarassed

Is there any way to view guests profiles ?

MIO022
Forumember

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Invited Friends cannot Register ?

Post by Sanket on February 27th 2011, 3:23 pm

If they are guests, how will you see their profiles?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Invited Friends cannot Register ?

Post by MIO022 on February 27th 2011, 3:33 pm

@Sanket wrote:If they are guests, how will you see their profiles?

My thoughts precisely Embarassed

I figured with today`s technology one could possibly click on a guest and extract the info Very Happy but cleary not Embarassed

Many thank`s for the Info Guys Very Happy

MIO022
Forumember

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Invited Friends cannot Register ?

Post by Sanket on February 28th 2011, 5:56 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.


Sanket Smile


Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum