The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Guest/member Login/Topic posting Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guest/member Login/Topic posting Issues

Post by turnerjeremy0 on February 27th 2011, 7:34 pm

I have set up a forum for a Tri Club -

I have been asked by people who are members if it is possible to not have to login in order to view all the topics. In the admin panel i have adjusted all the guest/member settings to allow this.

However...when it comes to posting a new topic or reply without going through the login process - it asks for a username and if i type my own (i am a member and the administrator) it says already taken so i have to invent one. It also asks for a confirmation code similar to spybot verification steps.

how can i allow everone who sees my forum to post and view all topics without having to go through these steps?

many thanks

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Guest/member Login/Topic posting Issues

Post by MrMario on February 27th 2011, 9:40 pm

Sorry you can't change it. You will need to post a username and a confirmation code to prevent spammers/bots.

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Re: Guest/member Login/Topic posting Issues

Post by patiogardener on March 1st 2011, 12:30 am

The easiest way to not have to log in to a forum is to not log out in the first place. Even then, every so often Forumotion resets things, for security purposes, so that everyone has to log in to their forums, as well as here.

Actually, I do not know what the drama is for your members logging in to post, etc, as it is a very simple process. Much more simple than many other sites.

It almost sounds as though you are joining as a new member each time you go through that process without logging in. As MrMario says, it is all about helping to keep your forum secure.

Female Posts : 351
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum