The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

How to remove grey bar behind header logo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to remove grey bar behind header logo?

Post by Paradiso on March 10th 2011, 7:31 am

Forum: Giftanapp.net

Is there any way to remove the dark grey rectangle behind my header image? I've looked in color and pic management, but nothing will change it. I'm using phpBB3, but I don't have much experience in CSS, so any help there would be nice, if that's the solution.

If it can't be removed, I'd be happy just changing it to match the light grey color, #DEDEDE.

Thanks

Paradiso

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: How to remove grey bar behind header logo?

Post by Paradiso on March 10th 2011, 8:40 pm

I'm using the phpBB3 prosilver theme if it makes a difference. I'm guessing it's an obvious fix, but I can't get it. I tried changing the header background color, but that just changes the color behind the grey box.

There's no header background image, just the main logo.

Paradiso

Back to top Go down

Post by mpelmmc on March 10th 2011, 9:53 pm

Hello. I think you are meaning that:

Well... If you mean this, try going APC => Display => Pictures and colours => Pics management => Advanced mode => Background picture (page).

If there isn't an image there, try getting all your CSS (and previously let it in a notepad, for if that's not your problem) and tell us.

Greetings Wink

mpelmmc
Forumember

Male Posts : 139
Language : Spanish (100%), English (90%) and Google Translate.

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradiso on March 10th 2011, 10:46 pm

Yes that's what I'm talking about. The header logo I have in there now is a temporary one till I fix this problem. The final one has the light grey background so it blends in.

The only background pic I have is the table background. Also, I don't have any CSS right now. Ive just done everything so far through the color and pic management options.

I'll try that out though, maybe I missed something, thanks!

Paradiso

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradiso on March 10th 2011, 11:11 pm

That didn't work, there aren't any background pics except for the table. If you check the site again you'll see the final version of the header logo.

The dark grey box is obviously an image, because the header background color shows up behind it, but it's not in pic management anywhere, and none of the color options change it. If I had to guess I'd say it's a problem with my theme, but I'm very hesitant to change it, because of all the other design changes I've made that I'm satisfied with.

Paradiso

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on March 11th 2011, 8:01 am

are you sure that's not part of the logo?

if not what skin are you using, i can install on my test forum and figure it out.

and if is is part of the logo you can remove it with photoshop,
Just extract the gray to transparent, save as png and reup.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradiso on March 11th 2011, 8:25 am

I'm sure, it's not part of the logo.

And unless there's some way to find the name of the skin, I have no idea. I've been looking on HitSkin for it, but I can't find it again. I'll keep looking though. When I applied it I didn't know there wasn't a spot that told you the name of your current skin, so I didn't bother writing it down.

Paradiso

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum