The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incredibly Fast Chatbox Spam

4 posters

Go down

Incredibly Fast Chatbox Spam Empty Incredibly Fast Chatbox Spam

Post by Ferroza March 11th 2011, 6:31 pm

On the forum I host, a user who is for the most part well behaved began spamming images and text within seconds constantly. Only after banning them did it stop. I unbanned them a few minutes later and asked them for an explanation and they claimed they didn't know why or how it happened. A few moments later the spam began again. Here's what it basically looked like each time it started again.

Spoiler:

As you can tell by the bold selection, it appears a mistake was made, doubting that this was out of control. Now I don't really believe the story of "I can't control it". Are their programs that someone can use on the chatbox to do things like this?
Ferroza

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Incredibly Fast Chatbox Spam Empty Re: Incredibly Fast Chatbox Spam

Post by Base March 11th 2011, 6:39 pm

Hello Ferroza,

It is most likely that the person had copied the text from somewhere and repeated pasted and flooded the ChatBox with it. I am not familiar with any programs that do this; however the effects (very fast flooding) can be achieved manually by repeatedly pressing Ctrl + V and hitting Enter.

The member is claiming that they didn't know how it happened... now that sounds very weird. All I can say is that it may be a virus or it may simply be the member lying. However, I think it's most likely that the member is lying. Wink

Regards,

Base

Last edited by Base on March 12th 2011, 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy March 12th 2011, 3:56 am

Hello,

In case your chatbox is being spammed, you may use the /clear function to remove all the typed words on it and ban that member on the chatbox via admin panel on the chatbox tab.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 13th 2011, 4:53 am

yup he copied text and past it over and over again.

just do what joph said Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum