The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Announcements Appearance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcements Appearance

Post by ShadowSwept on March 24th 2011, 7:11 am

Can I change the appearance of the scrolling announcements box, such as adding a frame - or using an image for a frame?
Also, how can I adjust the width of the box?

ShadowSwept

Male Posts : 12
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Announcements Appearance

Post by Base on March 24th 2011, 6:05 pm

When you say "width" of the box, do you mean the height of the box (vertically) or length of the box (horizontally). A screenshot of exactly what you're trying to change would be very helpful, thanks. Wink

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowSwept on March 25th 2011, 5:52 am

I mean length, sorry about that. I can't include a screenshot right now, as I'm using my phone, but the main thing I want to do is be able to adjust the length of the announcements the same way it let's you adjust the height.
Also, to customize the width, color, and style of the border pixels would be nice, but if possible I'd like to attach a bitmap (or other image file) to the box as a border, or perhaps a background - in much the same way as you can do with the nav buttons or forum category titles. The main thing is adjusting the length, though, so how can I do that?

ShadowSwept

Male Posts : 12
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on March 25th 2011, 5:55 pm

To change the length, please add this to your CSS code:

Code:
#fa_ticker_block {
    display: none;
    width: 1200px;
}

You can change width: 1200px; to a different number if you wish. The larger the number, the longer the announcements box and vice-versa. A word of warning, however, if the announcements box exceeds the forum width, then your forum width will increase as well. Wink

For your other customisations, I may be able to help you with that but I will need you to provide more details.

Regards,

Base

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum