The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CO.CC domain help

2 posters

Go down

CO.CC domain help Empty CO.CC domain help

Post by Straightos Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 4:07

Hi, I recently got myself a free CO.CC domain and I would like to use it with my forum, but I'm having trouble setting it up.
I did everything other websites told me to but every time I try to go to my domain it just redirects me to a page which says that my forum doesn't exist.

http://z-up.net/uploads/help.png
Are the things I've put inside the input boxes correct?

My domain is: www.dew-eeo.co.cc
My forum is: dew-eeo.betaboard.net
Straightos

Language : English

Back to top Go down

CO.CC domain help Empty Re: CO.CC domain help

Post by Base Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 11:28

Hello Straightos,

First of all I can instantly see that .co.cc is a free domain and this should be avoided at all costs. Why? Because it slows your forum down considerably; it took me about 30 seconds to open the .co.cc webpage itself. Here is a direct quote from The Godfather himself:

The Godfather wrote:Do never ever use those kind of fre domains with your forums !! there are not a domain but a virtual dns that include your forum in a kind of iframe!!! Search engines hate that so your forum will desapers from google with time...and it add a lot of advertising pop-up to your site, so your members will go away!! it can cause a technical problems to! it may cause an inconvenient logout...!

so, never use free domain with your forums!!

Just a warning, by the way. I wouldn't advise you to use .co.cc due to the amount of problems it has. But, of course that is your choice. Wink

Regards,

Base
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

CO.CC domain help Empty Re: CO.CC domain help

Post by Guest Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 12:41

Go to adminpanel > general > forum adress > personalized domain name. Then write www.dew-eeo.co.cc.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum