The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum's still pending deletion?

4 posters

Go down

Forum's still pending deletion? Empty Forum's still pending deletion?

Post by XenonMonkey March 27th 2011, 5:34 am

I got this deletion message in my ACP a couple weeks ago.

"Dear "www.xenonmonkey.com" forum administrator(s), it appears that your forum doesn't respect our Terms of service. Our service is free, so we are urged to only display legal content on the forums.

You have have until the 28-03-2011 to be in conformity. After this delay, we will have to delete your forum if it still
isn't in conformity."

I found a litigation against me for a decent reason, "Deleting my footer" (which I had absolutely no intention of doing). I sent a reply to ForuMotion and in a day, the litigation section was deleted and the deletion message still appears in my ACP. I'm scared and confused whether or not I'm going to be deleted. For anyone who has experience with this matter, does the fact that this message mean I'm going to be deleted, or will it still appear until my deletion confirmation date?

I need help immediately, as it says I only have a day left to be in conformity.
XenonMonkey

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forum's still pending deletion? Empty Re: Forum's still pending deletion?

Post by Jophy March 27th 2011, 8:15 am

Hello,

First of all, have you manage to delete the Footer links without paying credits? That's not allowed, and to remind you, even if you pay for it, you still need to retain the important links there(such as the link to your forum version, ex: phpbb), otherwise, can we have a link to your forum? Are you sure you have your Footer links back?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonMonkey March 27th 2011, 8:45 am

Joph25 wrote:Hello,

First of all, have you manage to delete the Footer links without paying credits? That's not allowed, and to remind you, even if you pay for it, you still need to retain the important links there(such as the link to your forum version, ex: phpbb), otherwise, can we have a link to your forum? Are you sure you have your Footer links back?

As I stated before, it was not of my intention that the footer was deleted. I was simply trying to add ads directly above my footer, which worked for a period of time, until one of my users mentioned that the footer had disappeared.

Out of curiosity, I decided to see if the footer would come back if I removed the code I added for the ad. Unfortunately, the footer didn't come back, so one of my users fired a litigation towards me, and oddly enough, the footer reappeared. I checked the ACP, and sent the reply to what I assume are forumotion admins, yet the deletion message is still there.

Anyway, here's a link to my forum.
XenonMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy March 27th 2011, 8:59 am

How about using the back up system/utilities to restore the last settings on your forum:
https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

It may help to restore the footers back.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonMonkey March 27th 2011, 9:29 am

Yet again, my footer came back recently, but the deletion message is still there.
XenonMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Base March 27th 2011, 11:31 am

There may be other things which are breaking the TOS. Check it out here: https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/terms-of-service.htm

...and see if you've still got anything on there that you shouldn't have. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 27th 2011, 5:53 pm

The message will stay there till it reaches 0. After that a Forumotion team member will review the forum again and see if there is anything else breaking the rules. I would go around your forum and look before it reaches 0.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down