The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Templates lose changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Templates lose changes

Post by Kestrana on March 27th 2011, 3:23 pm

Several times in the last couple of weeks, I've made a change to a template, previewed it, and my change wasn't there. When I edit the template again, ALL of my previously made changes are GONE and the template has reverted back to its default layout (even though the color-coding indicates that it's still a custom template).

I spent several hours last week perfecting one of the templates. This morning, I attempted to make another change, and *poof* - all my changes are now gone and I have no way of recovering them, which means I must try to remember EVERY little thing I did in those several hours of tweaking to try to get it back. In the meantime, my forums pages are "broken."

Can someone please fix this bug? In the even that it's somehow browser-related, I'm using Google Chrome 10.0.648.151.

Kestrana
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Templates lose changes

Post by Kestrana on March 27th 2011, 3:43 pm

I just had gotten about half of my tweaks re-done, and as soon as I approved the template, they all disappeared again! This is REALLY FRUSTRATING!!! Mad

Kestrana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on March 27th 2011, 4:49 pm

May I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button) Wink

Is it somehow that your forum is being backed up that's why it's doing like this or am I wrong? Or have you tried other browsers? Are there any other admins with you?

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrana on March 27th 2011, 5:00 pm

No, so far as I know, there's no backing up going on. Besides - how would a backup erase changes I'd done days ago?

No, I can't use any other browsers due to a motherboard issue with my computer; all other browsers crash upon opening (or result in bluescreens).

No, although there is another admin for the site, she has not been in admin at the times that this has occurred.

I find that if I approve the template after EVERY change I make (rather than making several, testing/previewing using the ?tt=1 query string, and then approving multiple changes at once), this occurs less often - but it's not reliable.

Kestrana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on March 28th 2011, 6:49 am

Back up can restore some changes you've made from the past(example: You accidentally banned your IP adress from the admin panel).

Well I can see that you're not sure if an admin might have removed it or not, you can check administration activities of your admin here:
Admin Panel > General > Security > Administration

And also, I think the problem is with your browser/computer :/ So I can only advice you to use other computer/browser when doing template changes.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrana on March 28th 2011, 1:48 pm

By "backup," I take it you're referring to the skin restoration under "Theme management?" That would do more harm than good since I'm actively updating other templates; I'd end up losing changes to more than just the one template if I did that.

As far as the other administrator goes, like I said, she's NOT in there when this happens. She happens to be my roommate, so I have a REALLY good idea when she is and is not in Admin.

Given that no one else seems to be having this problem, I do have to agree that it's probably browser-related. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice at this time.

Kestrana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on March 28th 2011, 3:25 pm

Since this thread is marked solved, I will lock this thread.

Sanket Smile

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum