The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Hacked

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hacked

Post by Kurokon Shikyo on March 29th 2011, 1:35 am

http://bleach-integrity.forumotion.com/

this forum has been hacked recently, and every time we ban teh IP but he keeps changing his ip, somehow he keeps getting in, we all changed our passwords, ignored key loggers, we did everything right, but he keeps coming back, is there any way to solve this problem?

Kurokon Shikyo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Hacked

Post by MrMario on March 29th 2011, 1:38 am

Hello,

If a user keeps coming back by changing the IP, this doesn't mean you been hacked. This means the user is trying to annoy you and your forum.

You make it so that you can only approve users. User & Groups // User Options // Who can activate accounts // Admin // Save

Leave this on for a while or whenever you want to and the user will leave after awhile.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurokon Shikyo on March 29th 2011, 1:41 am

no i mean hes hacking it, he appearently knows the password the head admin uses and the email too, so I have no idea what to do, if the head admin resets the forum it will simply be a reset war never ending.

Kurokon Shikyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurokon Shikyo on March 29th 2011, 1:46 am

thats teh problem, he can reset the forum and lock the head admin out, infact he already has appearently. The link you gave me doesnt say anything about this.

Kurokon Shikyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurokon Shikyo on April 5th 2011, 3:20 am

okay is there a way to prevent an IP changing spammer then? I heard something about proxy ban but I do not know how to do that.

Kurokon Shikyo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum