The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can't create polls or calendar events via new topic

4 posters

Go down

can't create polls or calendar events via new topic Empty can't create polls or calendar events via new topic

Post by spalsh one March 31st 2011, 12:27 am

Hi, I can't figure it out.. I checked all the button images, there isn't anything for Poll and the Calendar image shows up fine in the header. I checked general>configuration>max number of poll options, and it's set at 10. I am using the prosilver skin with the colors changed. I have tried other skins, resynced the forum, and logged in and out a million and a half times.

Here is a picture of what I do and don't see.

can't create polls or calendar events via new topic Forumshot
spalsh one

Language : English

Back to top Go down

can't create polls or calendar events via new topic Empty Re: can't create polls or calendar events via new topic

Post by Jophy March 31st 2011, 12:32 am

can't create polls or calendar events via new topic LogoHello,

Please try reading this first and see if this tutorial helps:
https://help.forumotion.com/t1449-the-calendar

If you're still having problems, please feel free to ask.

Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

can't create polls or calendar events via new topic Empty Re: can't create polls or calendar events via new topic

Post by spalsh one March 31st 2011, 12:37 am

oops forgot to mention that I had the calendar activated...

Still having poll and calendar problems.
spalsh one

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 31st 2011, 1:04 am

Be sure you open the options, you will see a calender bar and a polls bar. on the far right hand side is a tiny littler icon + you have to click that to open it.

if you do not see it there then just mouse over towards the end of the bar and then you will see it appear, you may have a skin thats hiding it
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by spalsh one March 31st 2011, 1:22 am

kirk wrote:

Be sure you open the options, you will see a calender bar and a polls bar. on the far right hand side is a tiny littler icon + you have to click that to open it.

if you do not see it there then just mouse over toward the end of the bar and then you will see it appear, you may have a skin thats hiding it

I have also dragged and highlighted the entire area in the picture looking for hidden text and icons... there is nothing. Again I am using the prosilver skin from the "skins" tab in themes... all I did was changed the color and added my own custom header picture and a few other pictures that couldn't possibly have anything to do with eliminating the ability to submit polls and calendars from the new topics page.

can't create polls or calendar events via new topic Forumshot2

can't create polls or calendar events via new topic Forumshot3

spalsh one

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 31st 2011, 9:46 am

Isn't it there in the pic that calendar and poll? :/
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by spalsh one March 31st 2011, 10:53 am

MrMario wrote:Isn't it there in the pic that calendar and poll? :/

I don't know.. you tell me. Doesn't look like a submit button to me.. and since they aren't clickable I would have to assume no...

far as I know, no it isn't right there in the picture. scratch
spalsh one

Back to top Go down

Post by spalsh one April 1st 2011, 11:24 am

hhhhm 10,015 views... no help? scratch
spalsh one

Back to top Go down

Post by spalsh one April 10th 2011, 7:08 pm

My situation has not changed.. can my issue be elevated to someone else PLEASE? I need help, I need this fixed... how can I feel comfortable paying money to a site that can't help with my tech issues?
spalsh one

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 10th 2011, 8:22 pm

You have calendar and voting up. Click submit. Just like entering a new topic or reply.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by spalsh one April 11th 2011, 4:13 pm

Nope. that didn't work before nor after you suggested it...

I know that the calender and poll fields are both showing... I have tried hitting the submit button with every variation of filled out fields I can think of.. hitting submit/send does NOTHING...

when I hit submit I get a message at the top of the screen that says I need a title and subject ... when I fill that out along with my poll information as well and hit submit the only thing that shows up on the forum is the title and subject matter.... no poll.. nor calender.

Calendar does the same thing...
spalsh one

Back to top Go down

Post by spalsh one April 17th 2011, 2:25 pm

So do I give up on offering polls to my members? I guess I don't need to create calendar events from a new post window.... but do I give up on wanting to be able to create polls. This obviously isn't going to be answered by copy/paste from the FAQ section... sooooooo?

I have been testing activeboard.com... is that the answer?
spalsh one

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum