The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by sign da tits on April 8th 2011, 12:38 am

exactly like forumotion as squares are just boring I want to jazz it up a bit with curves!


Last edited by sign da tits on April 8th 2011, 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

sign da tits
Forumember

Male Posts : 236
Reputation : 30
Language : British English, AutoIt
Location : England!

http://www.devforumz.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by Sanket on April 8th 2011, 6:57 am

You need to use phpbb3 version for that.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by sign da tits on April 8th 2011, 1:34 pm

@Sanket wrote:You need to use phpbb3 version for that.
;c


Last edited by sign da tits on April 8th 2011, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

sign da tits
Forumember

Male Posts : 236
Reputation : 30
Language : British English, AutoIt
Location : England!

http://www.devforumz.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by Nera. on April 8th 2011, 1:46 pm

Sankets forum doesn't have (if you mean webartz) rounded post corners.
You could do it but it is a little more complicated for punBB.
Lot truble for an casual effect. I would rader give some effect to your existing borders, bavel letters or something else...

This is not the proper way but it's the easiest.
Make my settings =>
You can change the colors.

Code:
 
.pun .post {
 -moz-border-radius: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
    border: 1px solid blue;
    padding: 0 20px;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

Code:
.pun.topic {
border-style put to none.
Save your CSS if you don't like it so you can return it back.

It's done by padding (proper for phpBB3), without it proper way would be to do rounded corners to post head, foot and cuple of more things on forum and I don't know how to arange it all from a topic.
Mybe Base knows a shorter way.

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077
Reputation : 2013
Language : English
Location : -

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by sign da tits on April 8th 2011, 3:04 pm

@Nera. wrote:Sankets forum doesn't have (if you mean webartz) rounded post corners.
You could do it but it is a little more complicated for punBB.
Lot truble for an casual effect. I would rader give some effect to your existing borders, bavel letters or something else...

This is not the proper way but it's the easiest.
Make my settings =>
You can change the colors.

Code:
 
.pun .post {
 -moz-border-radius: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
    border: 1px solid blue;
    padding: 0 20px;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

Code:
.pun.topic {
border-style put to none.
Save your CSS if you don't like it so you can return it back.

It's done by padding (proper for phpBB3), without it proper way would be to do rounded corners to post head, foot and cuple of more things on forum and I don't know how to arange it all from a topic.
Mybe Base knows a shorter way.
It works smashing! But how would I move this line more across so it connects? =

sign da tits
Forumember

Male Posts : 236
Reputation : 30
Language : British English, AutoIt
Location : England!

http://www.devforumz.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by Nera. on April 8th 2011, 3:12 pm

With what do you want to connect it? Sorry my english is not god Confused To topic and post replay button? Sorry I didn't get it Embarassed

If you mean up it will go across your profile tabs again Laughing

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077
Reputation : 2013
Language : English
Location : -

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by sign da tits on April 8th 2011, 3:16 pm

@Nera. wrote:With what do you want to connect it? Sorry my english is not god Confused To topic and post replay button? Sorry I didn't get it Embarassed
It's ok! ^^ That white bar at the top isn't going all the way across to connect with the curved edges, I want to make it longer.

sign da tits
Forumember

Male Posts : 236
Reputation : 30
Language : British English, AutoIt
Location : England!

http://www.devforumz.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by Nera. on April 8th 2011, 3:28 pm

It depends on the padding you've putted. I see you've removed it, to tell you exact pixsels to have it look good you'd have to return it. I have to see it to be able to tell you what to move.

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077
Reputation : 2013
Language : English
Location : -

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by sign da tits on April 8th 2011, 3:30 pm

@Nera. wrote:It depends on the padding you've putted. I see you've removed it, to tell you exact pixsels to have it look good you'd have to return it. I have to see it to be able to tell you what to move.
well I've reduced the padding to 1 and still a bit shows,
Code:
.pun .topic {
   border: 1px solid #dddddd;
   border-style: none solid;
   background: #141414;
border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
padding: 0 1px;
   }
.pun .post {
   border-style: solid none;
   border-width: 2px 0 1px 0;
   border-color: #eee #fff #ccc #fff;
border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
padding: 0 1px;
   }
* html .pun .post {
   height: 1%;
   }
*+ html .pun .post {
   min-height: 1px;
   }
.pun .postmain {
   background-color: #141414;
   border-left: 1px solid #dddddd;
   margin-left: 17em;
   }

sign da tits
Forumember

Male Posts : 236
Reputation : 30
Language : British English, AutoIt
Location : England!

http://www.devforumz.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by Nera. on April 8th 2011, 3:43 pm

Are these your settings?
Code:
.pun .topic {
  border-style: none; - put this to none
Code:
.pun .post {
  border-style: solid none;
  border-width: 2px 0 1px 0; - this goes to 1px all, because it means thicker upper line if it is like this

Make the same settings from my first post
and it will get rounded normally and than change it if you wont. I've tried it on your forum the exact settings and worked without ticker line. If you don't get the resault, don't move it from your CSS, so I can take a look there.
I have to actually see the mistake put on your forum, not a part of CSS, don't remove it, leave it, so I can take a peak and tell you what to remove.

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077
Reputation : 2013
Language : English
Location : -

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by sign da tits on April 8th 2011, 4:04 pm

@Nera. wrote:Are these your settings?
Code:
.pun .topic {
  border-style: none; - put this to none
Code:
.pun .post {
  border-style: solid none;
  border-width: 2px 0 1px 0; - this goes to 1px all, because it means thicker upper line if it is like this

Make the same settings from my first post
and it will get rounded normally and than change it if you wont. I've tried it on your forum the exact settings and worked without ticker line. If you don't get the resault, don't move it from your CSS, so I can take a look there.
I have to actually see the mistake put on your forum, not a part of CSS, don't remove it, leave it, so I can take a peak and tell you what to remove.
o 3 o this line still appears -

sign da tits
Forumember

Male Posts : 236
Reputation : 30
Language : British English, AutoIt
Location : England!

http://www.devforumz.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by Nera. on April 8th 2011, 4:12 pm

I see two pun posts in your CSS, only one should be, and they don't have settings I gave you?
Code:

.pun .post {    border-color: #EEEEEE #FFFFFF #CCCCCC;    border-style: solid none;    border-width: 2px 0 1px; } 

.pun .post {    border-color: #EEEEEE #FFFFFF #CCCCCC;    border-style: solid none;    border-width: 2px 0 1px;    padding: 0 20px; }

If you give to .pun .post { two same properties like settings for borders, they wont work, that is why is better to have one. Now if you want to make changes and make it like mine (settings) you have to have only one border settings.

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077
Reputation : 2013
Language : English
Location : -

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by sign da tits on April 8th 2011, 4:17 pm

@Nera. wrote:I see two pun posts in your CSS, only one should be, and they don't have settings I gave you?
Code:

.pun .post {    border-color: #EEEEEE #FFFFFF #CCCCCC;    border-style: solid none;    border-width: 2px 0 1px; } 

.pun .post {    border-color: #EEEEEE #FFFFFF #CCCCCC;    border-style: solid none;    border-width: 2px 0 1px;    padding: 0 20px; }
I do only have one o-o .pun .post {
border-style: solid none;
border-width: 2px 0 1px 0;
border-color: #eee #fff #ccc #fff;
}

sign da tits
Forumember

Male Posts : 236
Reputation : 30
Language : British English, AutoIt
Location : England!

http://www.devforumz.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by Nera. on April 8th 2011, 4:19 pm

O.K. change that one complitly with this one
Code:
.pun .post {
 -moz-border-radius: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
    border: 1px solid blue;
    padding: 0 20px;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

Leave the color, you'll change it latter.

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077
Reputation : 2013
Language : English
Location : -

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by sign da tits on April 8th 2011, 4:41 pm

@Nera. wrote:O.K. change that one complitly with this one
Code:
.pun .post {
 -moz-border-radius: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
    border: 1px solid blue;
    padding: 0 20px;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

Leave the color, you'll change it latter.
Thanks a lot for helping me with this! As always, you solve 95 % of my problems on FM! Thanks! I will have a play around with it ^^

sign da tits
Forumember

Male Posts : 236
Reputation : 30
Language : British English, AutoIt
Location : England!

http://www.devforumz.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by Nera. on April 8th 2011, 4:42 pm

O.K. Hugs Hello

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077
Reputation : 2013
Language : English
Location : -

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How is splitting posts possible and making them curved?

Post by Base on April 8th 2011, 6:04 pm

Since this topic has been marked as "Solved", I will now lock this topic. Smile

>> Locked


Base

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1687
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum