The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

A dilemma regarding the merging of two sites

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A dilemma regarding the merging of two sites

Post by AaronWright3 on April 9th 2011, 4:38 am

--WARNING! This is a rather complicated thing to do--

okay, so basically I have two different forums. half of my users have a decent computer that can handle the extensive coding and modifications made to the html and css, and the other half cannot. their computers lag (yes, lag) when navigating the forum.

I have made another, simpler forum, and I am wondering how to go about combining them. I am aware of a javascript code to do css switching, but I don't know what I can do about the modified templates. as far as I see it, there are two options

A.) I find out how applying templates works and find a way to switch between two (and have user settings as to which theme)
B.) to find out how to have both sites load the first site's users, topics, posts, etc.

I'm wondering if this is possible, and how I would go about it, because it's important to me that the users of my site get the best experience out it, no matter what kind of computer they have.

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: A dilemma regarding the merging of two sites

Post by Sanket on April 9th 2011, 7:54 am

Two forums with two different url's cannot be merged. You can just provide their links on either of them.

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: A dilemma regarding the merging of two sites

Post by Saxaca on April 9th 2011, 10:15 am

Webartz has a good tutorial about a theme changer for Forumotion.

Male Posts : 539
Language : Markup.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum