The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

The reason why darkbb.com disappeared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The reason why darkbb.com disappeared

Post by MaxPayne on April 11th 2011, 8:51 am

Hi everyone, I'd like to know why the darkbb.com domains are not avaliable anymore. I saw that there are still forums using it but I'm unable to find the domain among the change "Forum Address" option. The domain is still poiting to forumotion.com so I guess it could still be used for new forums right? I saw that there were some domain propagation issues between the .com and the .info version but this happend 3 months ago. Has the issue been fixed? Hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance.

MaxPayne
Forumember

Male Posts : 90
Language : English, German, Italian, Romanian, French

Back to top Go down

Re: The reason why darkbb.com disappeared

Post by Darren1 on April 11th 2011, 9:02 am

Hi,

The subdomain is no longer available at all TT and has been removed for some unknown reason, someone may be able to inform us as to why?

I suspect because the subdomain was marked as un safe by Mcafee a few months back, but that has now been resolved.

You cannot "create" a forum under the darkbb.com address either, it redirects you to the forumotion.com Sad

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: The reason why darkbb.com disappeared

Post by Leviosa on April 26th 2011, 4:17 pm

Hi,

Due to the Mcafee issue it has been decided to not use this domain name anymore.
As we have 1,000+ other domain names available, we won't reactivate it to avoid further issues.

No help without your forum url
No support via private message

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15348
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum