The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Point System?

4 posters

Go down

Possible Point System? Empty Possible Point System?

Post by ToTheFuture April 12th 2011, 3:49 am

Is there any way that I could make a sort of "point" feature similar to the one on Yahoo Answers? For those of you who don't know, the way Yahoo answers keeps the whole "contribute and not just ask" thing alive is that for every time you ask a question, you lose five points. But every time you contribute an answer, you gain one. This way, a person with (for example) 0 points wouldn't be allowed to ask any more questions without contributing.

If I wanted to make it so that, on my forum, there was a system where for every topic viewed they lose a point and for every topic made they gain five, how would I do this? As an alternate, if for every page view (or website hit) that they made, they'd lose a point, and gain 15 with every topic?

I know it's possible, I just don't know how. Very Happy
PS: This is not related to the original question, but is there also a way that I can choose to moderate topics posted before they go up? Thanks. Mr. Green
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

Possible Point System? Empty Re: Possible Point System?

Post by MrMario April 12th 2011, 5:13 am

1. You can do the rep system, where users will rep for good answers or bad ones. https://help.forumotion.com/t38434-reputation-system-evaluation-thanks-button

2. No
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture April 15th 2011, 4:12 am

Thanks. Smile That seems good, and I knew it existed before, but would there be a way to link this reputation system to ranks? Aka, you can't view certain things unless you're at a certain reputation?

Also, what happens if someone dips into negative numbers? Is there a way that I could remove all members who reach a negative number automatically?

Also, was the no to the moderation of topics thing?
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario April 15th 2011, 6:45 am

No to all.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by ioncube April 15th 2011, 2:13 pm

@ToTheFuture
isn't your repu system a bit cruel to newbies...even like me Twisted Evil
ioncube
ioncube
Forumember

Male Posts : 279
Language : eng

http://defencedog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pari12 April 15th 2011, 9:45 pm

Firstly, I must say that the points system currently in place is fantastic, allowing such close results with many drivers going into the final rounds with a chance of the title.

However, this year there is a possibility of a capacity grid. I was wondering has there been any consideration on whether more than the top 10 should get points, bringing more drivers into contention?
pari12

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by pari12 April 15th 2011, 9:45 pm

Firstly, I must say that the points system currently in place is fantastic, allowing such close results with many drivers going into the final rounds with a chance of the title.

However, this year there is a possibility of a capacity grid. I was wondering has there been any consideration on whether more than the top 10 should get points, bringing more drivers into contention?
pari12

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture April 17th 2011, 5:22 pm

ioncube wrote:@ToTheFuture
isn't your repu system a bit cruel to newbies...even like me Twisted Evil

That's the point. Razz It's a study-based thing, and I've gotten it approved as long as some sort of system can be implemented where people wouldn't be able to post test answers or what have ou, and have to monitor to take it down. This is the point of being able to moderate topics before posting, or having a negative point system that could delete members. Members who join must be approved, so after being deleted, I could ban an IP (we have individual tablets for school) of a specific computer before they could make another account. This way, nobody would fool around, as the site would only be useful in school and on each person's specific tablet.

The viewing/posting thing was just a question if possible, so it's not one person contributing and all slackers getting free study notes. That part is basically key, and so I guess this idea flops after all... Oh well. Thanks though!
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Back to top Go down