The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Split moderation permissions

2 posters

Go down

Split moderation permissions

Split moderation permissions  Left1175%Split moderation permissions  Right11 75% 
[ 3 ]
Split moderation permissions  Left1125%Split moderation permissions  Right11 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Split moderation permissions  Empty Split moderation permissions

Post by invisible_fa April 13th 2011, 3:00 pm

Hello.

My today`s suggestion is that moderation permissions would be specified, I will explain myself:

Actually, if we wanna make someone moderator in a section (on in several ones), we have to mark "Is moderator" checkbox, so that person will have complete moderation rights: he will can move, delete, edit all posts in that zone...

But maybe the Admin dont wanna to give his mods complete rights, for example, he only wants his moderator can move posts, but not edit or delete them...

Actually, if you want to do that, you cant.

So thats my suggestion: instead of have a "is moderator" checkbox, it would be better to have a section called for example "Moderation rights", and have one checkbox called "Can edit users posts", other checkbox called "Can delete users post", other called "Can move users posts", so, you could create a group of moderators that only have the rights you assigned, depending of what you have marked or not.

Hope you have undestood the suggestion and hope this will have a lot of positive votes Mr. Green
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 960
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down

Split moderation permissions  Empty Re: Split moderation permissions

Post by invisible_fa April 25th 2011, 6:29 pm

Bump Mr. Green
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 960
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down

Split moderation permissions  Empty Re: Split moderation permissions

Post by Jophy May 15th 2013, 4:26 pm

Split moderation permissions  Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Split moderation permissions  Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum