The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Can't set up portal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Can't set up portal

Post by TheGuppyKeeper on April 14th 2011, 4:03 pm

Okay, I can access every feature of my acp totally fine except the portal. I had it set up ages ago, but I turned it off, and I couldn't turn it on again as it just showed a blank page. So I decided to delete it and make a new one.

So I clicked "Click here to install it", but it leads me to a blank page. I tried clearing my browsing data and such, but it still happens.

I use google chrome, tried it on Firefox as well, same thing happens. Internet Explorer & Safari = same thing. Help?

EDIT: Typlo fixed it Very Happy THANK YOU! http://help.forumotion.com/t88802-only-topic-admin-panel-is-a-blank-page

Last edited by TheGuppyKeeper on April 14th 2011, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheGuppyKeeper
Forumember

Female Posts : 68
Language : English + Chinese (I'm Chinese but born in UK... I can speak both)

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Can't set up portal

Post by MrMario on April 14th 2011, 4:12 pm

Did you install any widgets or anything?

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGuppyKeeper on April 14th 2011, 4:16 pm

Nope. I also tried looking with anonymouse.org and it doesn't show anything. It's only the portal that does this.

TheGuppyKeeper
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by forexalliance on April 14th 2011, 4:23 pm

@TheGuppyKeeper wrote:Okay, I can access every feature of my acp totally fine except the portal. I had it set up ages ago, but I turned it off, and I couldn't turn it on again as it just showed a blank page. So I decided to delete it and make a new one.

So I clicked "Click here to install it", but it leads me to a blank page. I tried clearing my browsing data and such, but it still happens.

I use google chrome, tried it on Firefox as well, same thing happens. Internet Explorer & Safari = same thing. Help?
I also just tried to set up a portal and it took me to a blank page also. There must be a problem with the acp. One other question which may be a stupid question..lol ..What is the purpose of a portal?

forexalliance
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on April 14th 2011, 4:24 pm

The purpose of a portal... that really depends on the person. They may use it as a homepage, others may use it as a special page to display certain things on. Smile

UPDATE: There is now an only topic regarding problems with the admin panel. All posts will go there from now on!

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGuppyKeeper on April 14th 2011, 4:26 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one having a problem only with the portal.

Maybe there's a link? The forum that's having a problem is the old one that still has the option to have adds ONLY for guests, while new forums have "Members & Guests".

TheGuppyKeeper
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by forexalliance on April 14th 2011, 4:47 pm

@Base wrote:The purpose of a portal... that really depends on the person. They may use it as a homepage, others may use it as a special page to display certain things on. Smile

UPDATE: There is now an only topic regarding problems with the admin panel. All posts will go there from now on!
TY base Smile

forexalliance
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on April 14th 2011, 5:13 pm

I'm guessing this problem had something to do with the admin panel problem. But it looks like it's been solved. Smile

>> Topic marked so, topic locked.

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum