The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Unwanted Advertisments

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unwanted Advertisments

Post by Girrack on April 17th 2011, 7:46 pm

Hello and thank you for looking at this. First I would like to say I am sorry if I come across rude. Over the last few days I have been trying to keep my forum private as it is nowhere near complete and quite honestly I'd prefer it to be private as I can't handle a large community or to give moderatorship to someone I don't *really* know yet. This would not have been a problemb but last night I found a landscape style advertisment in between my announcments bar and my forum clock. I have not accepted any requests to post these on my forum and just before I posted this I saw one which has nearly given me a virus. The advertisment I am talking about has a vibrating mail sign and a notice that you have recieved mail about 5 minutes ago (including date). I know this would give my users and I a virus as I have admitedly fallen for this trap once myself. Traffic exchange, keywords for search engines, and forums directory are all disabled to the best of my ability; and yet these malicious links are poping up constantly on my forum. I would even try simply telling my users to ignore all advertisments but my target users include a handful of children who will not pay attention to long texts but will want to "play that cool looking slay the dragon game."

The point is I really need help getting rid of these advertisments and nothing I do seems to get rid of them. Please help me remove these unwanted advertisments as soon as possible.

Please Respond,
Girrack of rarely asking for extra help from

Language : English, Deustch

Back to top Go down

Re: Unwanted Advertisments

Post by Base on April 17th 2011, 7:50 pm

Hi, to get rid of advertisements you will need to purchase credits first and then spend them. Here is a tutorial about credits:

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum