The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrolling list of the latest topics posted in a chosen subforum

3 posters

Go down

Scrolling list of the latest topics posted in a chosen subforum Empty Scrolling list of the latest topics posted in a chosen subforum

Post by Vangerer April 25th 2011, 2:12 pm

Hello there!

I've a table in my homepage message, and I'd like to put something inside one of the columns: a scrolling (down-up) list of the latest topics posted in a chosen subforum.

Is it possible to do this?

Best regards,
Vangerer
Vangerer

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Scrolling list of the latest topics posted in a chosen subforum Empty Re: Scrolling list of the latest topics posted in a chosen subforum

Post by Sanket April 25th 2011, 9:06 pm

Not possible. Sorry.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Scrolling list of the latest topics posted in a chosen subforum Empty Re: Scrolling list of the latest topics posted in a chosen subforum

Post by Vangerer April 25th 2011, 10:36 pm

Really? Damnit! Even using a RSS feed of some sort?
Vangerer

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 25th 2011, 11:06 pm

you can always add the latest topic widget to be shown through the whole forum, other then that i dont know another way?

or wait. you may be able to do it through a iframe?
like set up a new portal with nothing but the latest topic widget.

then take the link from that page and add to a adjustable iframe and it should work?

I am going to have to test this to be sure,there may even be a way to incorporate to a html page first using the same method, then add an additional iframe to the homepage message..

so i will let you know when i test it.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vangerer April 25th 2011, 11:42 pm

OK Kirk, I'll wait for your call! I'm gonna ask some friends of mine if they have any idea how to do it too, and I'll let you know here if I find something.
Vangerer

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 26th 2011, 2:21 am

well i almost had it, but the problem is it wont update/add any new topics that are posted, kind of figured that would happen.

and the iframe thing worked, but there is no way to get rid of the header and footer in it so it dose not look right.I should have figured that would happen to... lol

so i did come close, but no cigar.. Sad
however, will try a few more things,

but seems like the most logical and piratical way would be just to add the one widget show through the whole forum
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vangerer April 27th 2011, 1:41 am

Hey Kirk! Well guess what? I achieved to do it! had to go through a website though, describing itself as "the easy way to embed a feed on your website". But anyway, here I am! It's not looking that great though, and not quite exactly as I wanted, but it's good enough. What do you think?

This is how it looks like.
(I added the fuziness myself.)

I'll post again if I find a more satisfying solution.
Vangerer

Back to top Go down