The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Change logo text - how?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change logo text - how?

Post by jjones on April 28th 2011, 3:14 am

I can't see how to change my logo text. I've looked everywhere. It says 'your logo text here.' I can't change it.
I've spent three dumb hours looking and trying to sign on to this help site to get an answer. Will I die? Is there an after life? How do I change the simplest and most obvious thing - the logo text. I am seeing a doctor.

jjones
New Member

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Change logo text - how?

Post by Darkel on April 28th 2011, 3:16 am

What do you mean log? do you mean logo text?

Darkel
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2186
Reputation : 272
Language : English, Tagalog
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: Change logo text - how?

Post by jjones on April 28th 2011, 3:18 am

Chan wrote:What do you mean log? do you mean logo text?

Yes. It was a misprint. I meant the logo text.
Why is there no option to change it? all it says is "your logo text here" or something in big letters, and looks dumb.

jjones
New Member

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Change logo text - how?

Post by Darkel on April 28th 2011, 3:21 am

Try this

1.Go to your ACP
2.Display
3.Pics management
4.Advance mode
5.If you mean forum main logo just replace the the link or if you you want to remove just remove the link then save!

Darkel
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2186
Reputation : 272
Language : English, Tagalog
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: Change logo text - how?

Post by Kire on April 28th 2011, 6:08 am

Can you give me a link to your forum so I can see what you mean?

Kire
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Change logo text - how?

Post by Ezio on April 28th 2011, 6:13 am

if you cannot change the logo on the pics management, meaning that you mean the logo is located in css

ACP > display > Colors > CSS Stylesheets

Ezio
Forumember

Male Posts : 155
Reputation : 10
Language : Bahasa. Indonesia
Location : Request change my Age, I'm 13-14 years old.. :D

http://www.forumbargedoz.ce.ms

Back to top Go down

Re: Change logo text - how?

Post by Base on April 28th 2011, 5:40 pm

Hi, I assume that you've used one of Maki1's themes which is the "Your Logo Text Here" for banner. Of course, you can't change the text directly in the administration panel because it's part of the image itself.

To change it, you will need to either change it manually or request a new one in our graphic section.

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1687
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Change logo text - how?

Post by Suuki on April 28th 2011, 6:16 pm

Getting deeper into what Base said~

Because the 'Your Logo text here' is part of the picture, you would have to change the entire picture. How do you do that? If you are not an art expert you can go to the Graphics section located on this forum. (Graphic Design Section>Graphic Requests>New Topic)
There you may request a new or edited banner after reading the rules Rules

Hope I helped!

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

Re: Change logo text - how?

Post by jjones on April 29th 2011, 12:55 am

@Suuki wrote: Getting deeper into what Base said~

Because the 'Your Logo text here' is part of the picture, you would have to change the entire picture. How do you do that? If you are not an art expert you can go to the Graphics section located on this forum. (Graphic Design Section>Graphic Requests>New Topic)
There you may request a new or edited banner after reading the rules Rules

Hope I helped!


I haven't got a hope in hell of making a graphics request. It looks like everyone here is a computer engineer. I can't read computer code. All I wanted was to edit text, like on WORD. Your reply might help but it seems everything is getting more mysterious.

Can you tell me if this is a place for computer engineers, or if not who you are and what I have got into? I can't believe how mysterious this is getting.

Why would a "skin" be offered to the public (see my forum http://jjphilosophy.forumotion.co.uk/?147) that has "Your logo text here" as a title that you can't edit? Who would want that? It's one of the ordinary skins. As soon as I started doing something with it I had this obstacle. And then, I found I don't have the option to have more than a certain number of letters in the title...

I am finding it very difficult to do anything with this forum creator thing.
I can't find my forum on the internet to start building it. If I type in the title, google hasn't heard of it. I found it eventually, don't ask me how. I'm not even sure who you people are or if I'm mixed up as to what's going on or whether this forum thing is actually about basic forum creating or something more esoteric.



Last edited by jjones on April 29th 2011, 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : blabbering)

jjones
New Member

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Change logo text - how?

Post by Suuki on April 29th 2011, 1:22 am

@jjones wrote:
@Suuki wrote: Getting deeper into what Base said~

Because the 'Your Logo text here' is part of the picture, you would have to change the entire picture. How do you do that? If you are not an art expert you can go to the Graphics section located on this forum. (Graphic Design Section>Graphic Requests>New Topic)
There you may request a new or edited banner after reading the rules Rules

Hope I helped!


Your reply might help but it seems everything is getting more mysterious. I just don't get this -

Why would a "skin" be offered to the public (see my forum http://jjphilosophy.forumotion.co.uk/?147) that has "Your logo text here" as a title that you can't edit? Who would want that? It's one of the ordinary skins. As soon as I started doing something with it I had this obstacle. And then, I found I don't have the option to have more than a certain number of letters in the title...

Yes I understand your point about that....

@jjones wrote:I am finding it very difficult to do anything with this forum creator thing.
I can't find my forum on the internet to start building it. If I type in the title, google hasn't heard of it. I found it eventually, don't ask me how. I'm not even sure who you people are or why you are here and whether this forum thing is actually about forum creating or something more esoteric.

To get your forum on Google go to Admin Panel>General>Search Engines

EDIT: Forumotion is designed to be easy and fun. I don't really know that much coding and I have a well ran forum. If you are ever lost there are many people that will answer your questions, plus there are many support topics for you to look at. Smile

Suuki
Forumember

Posts : 419
Reputation : 25
Language : English, Japanese (learning lots) :3

Back to top Go down

Re: Change logo text - how?

Post by Nera. on April 29th 2011, 8:11 am

Why would a "skin" be offered to the public (see my forum http://jjphilosophy.forumotion.co.uk/?147) that has "Your logo text here" as a title that you can't edit?

You cant edit it because it's a photo not a text. You just need to remove this photo from AP

and add your own.
It should be in Admin panel >> Display >> Colours >> General/explore >> Forum logo

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077
Reputation : 2013
Language : English
Location : -

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum