The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Ranks based on points

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we have ranking based on points

59% 59% 
[ 10 ]
12% 12% 
[ 2 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
23% 23% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Ranks based on points

Post by Soulmonster on April 28th 2011, 9:01 pm

Hi,

I really like the points feature, it shows more clearly who the "valuable" members are than the post count. Therefore I would prefer to have the ranks based on points rather than the post count, or preferably, that an additional rank system based on points is implemented. In this system people would get titles/ranks automatically as they reach certain point levels, and it should be possible to add images/badges automatically as well.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Soulmonster on May 17th 2011, 8:48 am

No one else interested in this?

Soulmonster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel on May 17th 2011, 9:24 am

Voted No. Points can be changed unlike post count. So therefore, if you change the points, it will affect the rank.

Russel
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1400
Language : English, Filipino

http://help.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on May 17th 2011, 9:51 am

@Russel wrote:Voted No. Points can be changed unlike post count. So therefore, if you change the points, it will affect the rank.

Both points and post count changes all the time. Otherwise people couldn't receive new ranks. I don't see your point.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel on May 17th 2011, 10:00 am

Yes, they can be changed all the time. Post counts are changing in automatic as they post posts, as well as points. But post count cannot be edited or changed if you like to change. Points can be changed without an effort to be given by the user. Just go to admin panel and change it. But post count does not. It can also be increased if you give effort to post. Get it?

Russel
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on May 17th 2011, 10:04 am

@Russel wrote:Yes, they can be changed all the time. Post counts are changing in automatic as they post posts, as well as points. But post count cannot be edited or changed if you like to change. Points can be changed without an effort to be given by the user. Just go to admin panel and change it. But post count does not. It can also be increased if you give effort to post. Get it?

Yes, as an admin I can manually decrease or increase a member's points. And if I do that the member's rank would then change. But I don't see the problem in that. If for some reason I subtract points from a member his rank should of course reflect this.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 18th 2011, 12:21 am

yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on June 2nd 2011, 1:45 pm

Bump.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel on June 3rd 2011, 2:35 am

@Soulmonster wrote:Yes, as an admin I can manually decrease or increase a member's points. And if I do that the member's rank would then change. But I don't see the problem in that. If for some reason I subtract points from a member his rank should of course reflect this.

So, if you want your members rank be changed? So why don't you change it directly to the user's rank. Why do you need to increase or decrease the points for the users be able to change the rank.

Russel
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on June 3rd 2011, 7:33 am

@Russel wrote:
@Soulmonster wrote:Yes, as an admin I can manually decrease or increase a member's points. And if I do that the member's rank would then change. But I don't see the problem in that. If for some reason I subtract points from a member his rank should of course reflect this.

So, if you want your members rank be changed? So why don't you change it directly to the user's rank. Why do you need to increase or decrease the points for the users be able to change the rank.

I have no idea what you are asking.

It's a very simple concept, really: I want to be able to have rank images that are based on 'points' rather than 'posts' (or preferably in addition to 'posts' making two ranking systems). Just like with the current rank system the rank images will change automatically as member's get higher point scores. And if I decided to subtract or add points to a certain member's score, then the corresponding rank image will change automatically as well.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpie on June 16th 2011, 11:16 pm

@Russel wrote:Voted No. Points can be changed unlike post count. So therefore, if you change the points, it will affect the rank.
You can also change the post count by deleting a member's posts.

Superpie

Male Posts : 11
Language : American English

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on April 12th 2014, 8:10 am

Please have 2 options for suggestions(Yes & No only)

Suggestion refused !

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum