The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Embedding Facebook games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Embedding Facebook games?

Post by Shaoni on May 4th 2011, 2:13 pm

Hey, I've got a question, it's probably impossible to do this or illegal in some way, but here I go...

I've been trying to make a text-based game for long, but I simply cannot learn PHP (My brain just...plugs out...), so I figured I'd use Facebook to make this. Now, does anyone know a way to play a Facebook game directly on the forums? I know it is possible to implement regular Facebook authorization, but I would like it to appear as if it was embedded with HTML.

Anybody know of an effective way to do this...?

Last edited by Shaoni on May 4th 2011, 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shaoni

Language : Norwegian, Danish, English, German and Japanese

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Embedding Facebook games?

Post by kirk on May 4th 2011, 3:46 pm

What games do you mean? i know there are game app sites that have a lot of what you can find on facebook, plus there are a lot of flash games you can find for free in files and upload your self to flash host them imply with an flash embed code.

You can also find a lot of sites with free games and embed codes already provided.It would depend what games you want.

You may want to try facebook developer page and check out game apps as well.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaoni on May 4th 2011, 4:04 pm

I mean that I would first use a Facebook application such as the Social Game Studio to set up a text-based application in Facebook. Normally I would have to have my users follow a link to the Facebook page the application is on, but I'd like it to just appear on the forum itself, if you get what I mean : >

I don't think it's possible since the apps are mostly coded in HTML, but if anybody can help...:/

Shaoni

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on May 4th 2011, 4:43 pm

you have to go to the facebook developers page and check out all the info and options there.. i know they have something for incorporating games and other apps to websites because i was looking into it for the forumotion magazine i was working on,.
anyway you would have to imply and incorporate it all on html pages or in any template editing from where you can fit it depending what you are doing.

But with all this aside you will need a lil html,java and css knowledge.
However, i am not completely understanding what it is you want to do, do you have any example sites or screenshots you can provide to better help explain? remember there are games out there with embed codes you can just add to the forum as well

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaoni on May 4th 2011, 8:20 pm

Ah, no, that was what I needed xD Thanks, I do have a little knowledge in those languages so it shouldn't be too hard. I've never seen it done before, but since it's possible I'll get it done ~

Shaoni

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on May 4th 2011, 8:35 pm

Solved => Locked

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

http://test.com