The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give Pre-made widgets customized title names!

+2
Gangstar15
Oxii
6 posters

Go down

Do you agree?

Give Pre-made widgets customized title names! Left1178%Give Pre-made widgets customized title names! Right11 78% 
[ 7 ]
Give Pre-made widgets customized title names! Left1122%Give Pre-made widgets customized title names! Right11 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Give Pre-made widgets customized title names! Empty Give Pre-made widgets customized title names!

Post by Guest May 5th 2011, 12:47 am

Can you guys make it possible for us to give pre-made widgets custom names?
Some of the name you guys gave some of these widgets are too long and don't look good on my forum. Anyone agree?

Back to top Go down

Give Pre-made widgets customized title names! Empty Re: Give Pre-made widgets customized title names!

Post by Oxii May 5th 2011, 2:32 am

You'll Have To Elaborate. Do You Mean The Default Names They Are Given? Such As The "Calender" Widget & The "Who Is Online" Widget Etc..

]If So That Is An Easy Fix And I'll Make A Tut For You On How To Do So, It Just Requires Some Logic. Just Reply And Confirm This Matter - Thanks.

Edit Beno: Bold and colour removed.
Oxii

Male Posts : 10
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Give Pre-made widgets customized title names! Empty Re: Give Pre-made widgets customized title names!

Post by Guest May 5th 2011, 9:14 pm

Well I didn't elaborate further because I thought it was pretty clear what I suggested. To clear up any confusion, I'll provide this screen shot:

Give Pre-made widgets customized title names! Www_th10

This is how the title looks on my forum for the new widget "Top posting users this week" as well as "Top posting users this month" etc...

The titles are too long and I would like to give the widgets my own custom name. That is what I am suggesting here.

Keep in mind, I will not increase the width of the column the widget is in to fix the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangstar15 May 5th 2011, 11:56 pm

This can be done from the templates for punBB and phpbb2, but ya its a good to have an option to change the names for all versions (:
Gangstar15
Gangstar15
Forumember

Female Posts : 392

http://www.designdrops.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem May 6th 2011, 10:41 am

Oxi: We'Re Not In Germany, So STOP WITH THE CAPS, IT'S ANNOYING TO READ AS IT APPEARS YOU'RE SCREAMING!
Added to that that bold & color's reserved for moderation Neutral

I don't see any particular use to changing the names of pre-existant widgets :/
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 7th 2011, 11:33 pm

Caihlem wrote:Oxi: We'Re Not In Germany, So STOP WITH THE CAPS, IT'S ANNOYING TO READ AS IT APPEARS YOU'RE SCREAMING!
Added to that that bold & color's reserved for moderation Neutral

I don't see any particular use to changing the names of pre-existant widgets :/

I explained in post 3 what the use of this is. The title is too long....

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno May 8th 2011, 1:00 am

Oxii, bold and color is reserved for moderation like this so please refrain from using it.
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! May 10th 2011, 5:14 am

I agree with Caihlem. Enough from me.

Voted no!
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxii May 10th 2011, 10:54 pm

I Will Not Use Bolded/Coloured Text Anymore.

Also I Will Type However I Wish, Thanks For Your Suggestion Though.
I Have Never Posted Using All Caps Like You Stated. Even If I DID USE ALL CAPS, Like I Just Did. It Does Not Mean That One Is Shouting, Although Many Take It That Way.

Anyway, You May Just Take The Source Code From The Widgit, Then Paste It Into A New Widgit Where You Can Rename It.
Oxii

Male Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 15th 2011, 3:09 am

vote

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy January 22nd 2014, 6:13 am

Give Pre-made widgets customized title names! Permis10Suggestion Clean up (21/1/2014)

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down