The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guests to my website

4 posters

Go down

Guests to my website  Empty Guests to my website

Post by Daryn May 5th 2011, 1:44 am

Hi guys,
Ok Ive got a little problem Im trying to sort out here regarding guests to my forum. Some of the categories Im allowing guests to view as a teaser and some I dont allow them to see unless they are a member ok so far this bit I have figured out. Now the problem is I want guests to see the categories that are there but not be able to open them until they join but I dont seem to have this option so it looks like my forum doesnt have that many categories. Is there a possible way of doing this. I have 15 categories including the rules and regulations but guests can only see that I have 6.Here is my site so you can see what I mean.
http://majorcaforum.forumsmotion.com/
Daryn
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Guests to my website  Empty Re: Guests to my website

Post by hoodedwarbler12 May 5th 2011, 2:41 am

First of all, those aren't categories. Those are forums. You only have once category, called "Forum." Second, it's not, I'm afraid, possible for guests to only see the title and not all the topics within a category. Sorry.
hoodedwarbler12
hoodedwarbler12
Forumember

Male Posts : 521
Language : English, Latin, HTML, JavaScript

http://www.webkinznation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxii May 5th 2011, 2:53 am

It Cannot Be Done With Forumotion, But You May Do That On Majorcaforum.com Seeing As It Is All Custom HTML, Just Contact Your Web Master/Web Designer And He'll Hook You Up, It's Quite Easy And Should Take Him Little To No Time

~Oxii
Oxii

Male Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryn May 5th 2011, 3:25 am

Thanks for the response Oxii. I would like to keep the forum seperate from the main website just incase one or the other goes down at least my members would be able to have a point of contact with me as what happened the other week I kept my members informed on the main page of majorcaforum.com.
Well at least my question has been answered and I dont have to waste anymore time now lol. Ive got to say Im impressed with this software and will be looking into what other things I can do with it, I would like to support by upgrading so will look into what is on offer and see what is best for us.
Thanks again Oxii
Daryn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryn May 5th 2011, 3:35 am

Thanks for the fast respose hoodedwarbler12 Im still learning as I go along.
I thought they were categories within my forum lol.
Hope I can return the favour one day. Hello

SORRY ABOUT THAT I DIDNT KNOW ILL DO IT IN FUTURE YES THESE GREAT GUYS ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS FOR ME THANKS. WHEN A PROPLEM IS SOLVED IS THERE SOMETHING I HAVE TO DO ?

Last edited by Daryn on May 5th 2011, 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Daryn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base May 5th 2011, 7:56 pm

Posting consecutively is not tolerated unless seperated by 24 hours since the last post.
In future, please use the edit button. Wink

Guests to my website  Editer15

Base

Is this problem solved?
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down