The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advanced Recent Posts Features?

2 posters

Go down

Advanced Recent Posts Features? Empty Advanced Recent Posts Features?

Post by Lee Tamotsu May 8th 2011, 2:53 pm

I've been working with my forum for at least two years or so on and off. I know a lot about the admin panel, but not everything.

I know that there is a recent post function, that serves as a small widget, which can scroll. However I was wondering if there was a more advanced or complex version of this feature. I've been to some other forums, which have links, normally at the bottom, where the members can click to head to a full page about recent posts.

In it, they show a more detailed version, with the posters names and what was posted. I found this feature to be really convenient, because members can pinpoint posts that they want to reply to without having to navigate throughout the whole forum.

Is such a feature possible on Forumotion? Or is there some kind of coding that I can write up so that it is possible? I really know next to nothing about coding, however if it is possible, I'd definitely take the time to research it.

I just ask, because our forum can be buggy at times. Sometimes new posts are labeled as old before our members have the chance to even read/view them. It really hurts with conversations, especially with the RP sections, when they are not informed.

Also a lesser inconvenience is when the forum shows old posts being labeled as new, even though nothing has been posted since the topics were last viewed. I have gotten a lot of complaints regarding this problem, but after searching through these forums, I have found people with similar problems, but no solutions.

This is the only convenient solution I can think of, thank you for your time and help!
Lee Tamotsu
Forumember

Male Posts : 222
Language : English

http://avatarrp.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Advanced Recent Posts Features? Empty Re: Advanced Recent Posts Features?

Post by MrMario May 8th 2011, 6:21 pm

There is no advanced feature for it. Sorry, and nothing can be changed with it.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tamotsu May 8th 2011, 7:19 pm

I see, thank you. I presume you mean that there are no known solutions for the problems that my members have recently made complaints about?

I haven't noticed it as much as they have, but I have seen it. Sometimes it even lists posts I've made as new, which it shouldn't.

If not, this topic is solved, thanks for your time and consideration!
Lee Tamotsu
Forumember

Male Posts : 222
Language : English

http://avatarrp.aforumfree.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 8th 2011, 7:22 pm

I know some old topics seem to be a new reply, but it just happens randomly, isn't much we can do.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum