The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Members!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Members!

Post by luigi42 on May 13th 2011, 5:31 pm

Hi again!
So, the other day, I made a new forum: link removed
But, there's still no new members except me and my friend. Any ideas? Would anyone here like to sign up?
Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by Base on May 13th 2011, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link removed because it was advertising)

luigi42

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Members!

Post by lisa1302 on May 13th 2011, 5:48 pm

Honestly?! No...you need to make ALOT of effort to make your forum appear interesting - you need to invite all your friends and get them posting about the topics

You probably aren't on google yet, and even if you were people won't join if there is nothing interesting on there, people (strangers) won't join an empty forum....besides until it has some content its not going to get 'found' anyway.

lisa1302
Forumember

Female Posts : 305
Language : Enlish

http://www.babiesandall.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luigi42 on May 13th 2011, 5:52 pm

Yeah.. but... -.-
I don't know.
So what am I supposed to do Sad

Has anyone got any advice Sad

luigi42

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on May 13th 2011, 6:11 pm

Last edited by Base on May 13th 2011, 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 13th 2011, 6:16 pm

but first what is your site about

Back to top Go down

Post by luigi42 on May 13th 2011, 7:38 pm

It's about games

luigi42

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on May 13th 2011, 7:39 pm

Traffic for your forum will come in due time, that is of course if you have read the topics and understood what is required.

Is this problem solved?

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 13th 2011, 7:55 pm

@luigi42 wrote:It's about games
ok then go to other gaming sites take some ideas and if you can ask their members to join,dont keep everything on your visible,ask your fb members to join,keep good arcades on your site,keep active mods and keep on updating new features almost every week or two to let others now that your site is the best site ever etc

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on May 14th 2011, 8:29 am

i would start by having your forum in forumotions directory and or any other online directories you can place it in.

Also set up your facebook options and get your facebook friends and friends of friends involved.

You can also present your forums info here on the promotions board and wait for it's approval, but hey sky is the limit, the more you are able to promote and advertise your forum in various places the more embers you will receive..

But yeah start by having content on the forum, and word of mouth to begin with as well.
Oh it would not hurt to place your forums link in your profile here on support as well.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by luigi42 on May 14th 2011, 5:18 pm

kamz89 wrote:
@luigi42 wrote:It's about games
ok then go to other gaming sites take some ideas and if you can ask their members to join,dont keep everything on your visible,ask your fb members to join,keep good arcades on your site,keep active mods and keep on updating new features almost every week or two to let others now that your site is the best site ever etc

About updating...
What sort of things are usually updated? You mean like a few new forums each week? Things like that?

luigi42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 15th 2011, 2:02 am

no and dont worry i will tell you.
i normal go around other sites and look for stuff and i looking new features and codings which i can use on my site to modify it,i keep on changing the colors,if the skin gets old then i change the skin,get new features on my site mostly from tricks & tips section,look for css codes to make my site look better,put tweets,facebook like options,more widgets,posts/thread likes by users,more profile options,keep contests such has debates and mini-games etc

Back to top Go down

Post by cassini on May 16th 2011, 10:03 pm

You could also advertise your forum on a games forum that you are a member on with the forum link to your signature.
Its worked for my forum I have a two admins that are in europe & USA the memberships can be slow. However have some patience also try to make your skin attractive & forum lay out.
Good Luck Smile

cassini
Forumember

Language : english

http://cassinicaps.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 16th 2011, 10:40 pm

your forum is in the same condition as my forum was.when i created my forum for the first month i was the only user tho i kept on asking my friends to join but then i started going to other websites to spam and troll there and then i use to bring members from their site to my site and now look within 3 months i got over 70 members.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum