The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which forum do you like best?

39% 39% 
[ 92 ]
3% 3% 
[ 6 ]
14% 14% 
[ 33 ]
16% 16% 
[ 39 ]
28% 28% 
[ 67 ]
 
Total Votes : 237

Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Base on May 21st 2011, 10:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

It's been a very competitive competition so far, and for my first year on the judging panel I would just like to say that it's been a real pleasure to be here and to see such a great number of amazing forums out there. You guys have really done a lot and put a lot of effort into your forums to make it as good as they are in order to have progressed this far in the competition. Very Happy

Now, it is time to decide the Top 3 forums from this round out of the top five forums that we, the judges, have decided to put through based on some serious discussion and long hours of evaluation from the forums that made it to the previous round. I believe this is the last round of the competition so please choose carefully on who you vote for as it will ultimately decide the winner!

And there can only be one winner... who will it be? I shall leave that into your capable hands. Wink

My condolences to all those who did not make it, but we wish you the very best of luck for the future and we hope to see you enter in any future competitions that we might have. Anyway, here is the forums that have made it through (in no particular order):

Congratulations to...

http://www.babiesandall.com/
http://www.geekpolice.net/
http://www.worlddezign.com/
http://www.webartzforum.com/
http://www.undead-xbox.com/

Voting is now open! Good luck. Very Happy


Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1687
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down


Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by CarlaandCallum on May 23rd 2011, 9:03 pm

Babiesandall to win!x
Love it! Couldnt be without it, Met some lovely people through the forum.

CarlaandCallum
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by LauraTrelly on May 23rd 2011, 9:04 pm

^^^ just to add, my post wasnt intended to get any sympathy from the judges, and wouldnt want it to sway any decisions made.

Im the luckiest person in the world, I dont need sympathy Wink

I am sure that the judges will choose the best forum - good luck everybody x

LauraTrelly
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Language : British

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by marioandthestuntbubs on May 23rd 2011, 9:13 pm

I dont recall anyone asking for a sympathy vote. A forum like banda is bound to have more personal stories because of the nature of its ethos. Guess im biased as a banda member but it shouldnt win because of personal stories you are correct, It should win because it is clean to look at, easy to use with interesting features and it isnt something else first and a forum second. Its a forum first which a community has grown out of. Its not been going as long as some but in a short time has achieved an awesome amount. 100,000 thread comments from only 300 members in less than a year? Thats why i would vote banda even if i wasnt a member

marioandthestuntbubs
New Member

Posts : 5
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Amy Mc on May 23rd 2011, 9:37 pm

Babies And All all the way. It has given me support when noone else was there. It is a community of people from all walks of life brought together. Lisa has done an amazing job with the forum and i will be eternally grateful. These people will be in my life forever. x

Amy Mc
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by mandy_grace on May 23rd 2011, 9:49 pm

I voted for babies and all. Contrary to an earlier post, pregnancy and parenting doesn't come naturally to everyone, there are challenges to becoming a parent every day, you only have to look at some of the forums and you will see some truly inspirational mums on there that are faced with hardship every single day. Lisa has created a wonderful forum for us to share advice not only on being parents but on everyday things.

It's just a shame that members of other forums seem to be singling us out for being in the lead :wouhou: Go BANDA Laughing

mandy_grace
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Spider Man on May 23rd 2011, 10:37 pm

I voted for UndeadXbox cause thats where your friendly neighborhood Spiderman lives! Good luck everyone and remember, Stay in School!


Last edited by Spider Man on May 24th 2011, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Spider Man
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://undead-xbox.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by VacB0B on May 23rd 2011, 11:12 pm

even though geekpolice only has 5 votes or so i think they should be in the top 3. there forum from the looks of its statistics has more activity then some. not saying some are worse that others, just saying even the forum with the least votes has major potential to come in first.

tough competition.

VacB0B
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Tilum on May 24th 2011, 12:08 am

@Cry Vengeance wrote:Undead-Xbox.

Not for a sympathy vote, but because they worked their collective asses off for 3 years to get to where they are today.


Also, Tilum. It's best to keep your moderation powers in line and used in a professional light. You can't just censor anyone you please because it makes you feel uncomfortable or upsets you, it comes with the job. It's your task to keep the contest fair and clean, not to let your emotions cloud your judgement.

Check your inbox.

~ Tilum

Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759
Reputation : 62
Location : England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Sir Manguydude on May 24th 2011, 12:14 am

@marioandthestuntbubs wrote:I dont recall anyone asking for a sympathy vote. A forum like banda is bound to have more personal stories because of the nature of its ethos. Guess im biased as a banda member but it shouldnt win because of personal stories you are correct, It should win because it is clean to look at, easy to use with interesting features and it isnt something else first and a forum second. Its a forum first which a community has grown out of. Its not been going as long as some but in a short time has achieved an awesome amount. 100,000 thread comments from only 300 members in less than a year? Thats why i would vote banda even if i wasnt a member

Them there are fighting words. Back in my day, mothers didn't need help raising a kid. If you are going to deny this fact, lets see here. October of 1969 was when ARPANET was released. The public gained access to the Internet in 1991 and by 1996 the word Internet was common knowledge. The first internet forum was created as early as 1994. Now you can say that Internet forums are an evolved form of the Dial-up Bulletin Board System from the Late '70s but I imagine none of you have heard of that. Assuming a mother to mother forum was formed in 1994, parents have been raising their kids up right with basic primary and secondary socialization for over 200,000 years. Thus I don't believe a forum is truly helping anyone raise their child. If anything it might actually hinder human evolution, as are medical advances, as the(sorry if I sound completely Nazi here) the undesirable DNA is able to reenter the Gene pool, and breaking the "Survival of the Fittest" rule.

I digress, I really don't care on the matter, I just like to inform people of random information, in a non-angry retort. Long story short, you shouldn't try to make fun of UX's point as a community first, forum second. Without community being a forum is pointless, as you don't advance in social behaviors and interactions.

Sincerely,
Sir Manguydude

Sir Manguydude
New Member

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Cry Vengeance on May 24th 2011, 2:32 am

Well, all facts aside.

Banda, good forum.
UX, good forum.

The gloves are off folks!

Cry Vengeance
New Member

Male Posts : 18
Reputation : 0
Language : English

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by !_NICK_! on May 24th 2011, 2:49 am

I have seen some more argues. I wouldn't be surprised to see some people get disqualifications.

!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Reputation : 69
Language : English, HTML, and CSS
Location : In the middle of no return.

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by MrMario on May 24th 2011, 3:29 am

I have to say, I'm really sad to see many off chit chat/rude comments on this contest. I would really love it to stop right away! I know you should be allowed to speak your mind, but having arguments/being plain rude to someone or someone's forum/work is just not right. This will be the last warning.

MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Reputation : 1830
Language : test

http://test.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by eharris on May 24th 2011, 9:13 am

Vote Banda :wouhou:

eharris
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by marioandthestuntbubs on May 24th 2011, 10:09 am

@Sir Manguydude wrote:
@marioandthestuntbubs wrote:I dont recall anyone asking for a sympathy vote. A forum like banda is bound to have more personal stories because of the nature of its ethos. Guess im biased as a banda member but it shouldnt win because of personal stories you are correct, It should win because it is clean to look at, easy to use with interesting features and it isnt something else first and a forum second. Its a forum first which a community has grown out of. Its not been going as long as some but in a short time has achieved an awesome amount. 100,000 thread comments from only 300 members in less than a year? Thats why i would vote banda even if i wasnt a member

Them there are fighting words. Back in my day, mothers didn't need help raising a kid. If you are going to deny this fact, lets see here. October of 1969 was when ARPANET was released. The public gained access to the Internet in 1991 and by 1996 the word Internet was common knowledge. The first internet forum was created as early as 1994. Now you can say that Internet forums are an evolved form of the Dial-up Bulletin Board System from the Late '70s but I imagine none of you have heard of that. Assuming a mother to mother forum was formed in 1994, parents have been raising their kids up right with basic primary and secondary socialization for over 200,000 years. Thus I don't believe a forum is truly helping anyone raise their child. If anything it might actually hinder human evolution, as are medical advances, as the(sorry if I sound completely Nazi here) the undesirable DNA is able to reenter the Gene pool, and breaking the "Survival of the Fittest" rule.

I digress, I really don't care on the matter, I just like to inform people of random information, in a non-angry retort. Long story short, you shouldn't try to make fun of UX's point as a community first, forum second. Without community being a forum is pointless, as you don't advance in social behaviors and interactions.

Sincerely,
Sir Manguydude

No fighting words nor mockery intended. Sorry if you felt that was so. Go banda

marioandthestuntbubs
New Member

Posts : 5
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by akosilery on May 24th 2011, 12:58 pm


akosilery
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Language : Tagalog

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by happyd on May 24th 2011, 1:07 pm

voted for babiesandall

happyd
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Nera. on May 24th 2011, 1:52 pm

WebArtz (:

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077
Reputation : 2013
Language : English
Location : -

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Hanibal Cullen on May 24th 2011, 1:56 pm

Web Artz ofc. Very Happy

Hanibal Cullen
New Member

Posts : 10
Reputation : 0
Language : Bosanski, English, Spanish
Location : Sun

http://haus-of-gaga.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Darren1 on May 24th 2011, 2:08 pm

Final hours to vote, us judges are preparing to make our decisions, were so close I can feel a tickle in my toe's Laughing

Good luck all, it's time to pull out all the stops to win, all the votes count Exclamation Exclamation


Last edited by Darren1 on May 24th 2011, 2:12 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Sorry Mario, have to stand out)

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by eharris on May 24th 2011, 2:18 pm

Not long to go.. exciting Hello

eharris
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Suse,Libby&D on May 24th 2011, 2:32 pm

Voted - BandA all the way!!!! Very Happy

Suse,Libby&D
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Rianna Lauren on May 24th 2011, 3:02 pm

WebArtz! :]

Rianna Lauren
Forumember

Female Posts : 288
Reputation : 0
Language : English, Indonesian
Location : INDONESIA

http://belgianreporter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Gangstar15 on May 24th 2011, 3:26 pm

There we go xD World Dezign will not win xD even not the 3rd place ;D

Gangstar15
Forumember

Female Posts : 392
Reputation : 163

http://www.designdrops.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by viho1 on May 24th 2011, 3:27 pm

Darren1, you said "Final Hours" not sure how long you mean, but yesterday you said the poll was being brought forward until Wednesday.

We have been expecting the poll to stay open until tomorrow as you said.

viho1
Forumember

Posts : 48
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Darren1 on May 24th 2011, 3:48 pm

Gangstar, u'll still be mentioned in the finale results Mr. Green
Viho1, dont fret, Wednesday is still the end date, its just "Final hours" makes it seem closer than it actally is, and seems fancier too Smile
And now, im off to sleep Twisted Evil


Last edited by Darren1 on May 25th 2011, 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Gangstar15 on May 24th 2011, 4:03 pm

That's sounds nice! Very Happy

Gangstar15
Forumember

Female Posts : 392
Reputation : 163

http://www.designdrops.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by viho1 on May 24th 2011, 4:47 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Viho1, dont fret, Wednesday is still the end date, its just "Final hours" makes it seem closer than it actally is, and seems fancier too Smile

You tricky devil.

viho1
Forumember

Posts : 48
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Tihonov on May 24th 2011, 5:34 pm

WebArtz!

Tihonov
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Language : Russian, French, English, dutch

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Wotserface on May 24th 2011, 6:40 pm

I voted for babiesandall I think it's not just aesthetically good but the content is invaluable thumright


Last edited by Wotserface on May 25th 2011, 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Wotserface
Forumember

Female Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Language : English
Location : UK

http://iihkindredspirits.forumshealth.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by MISA on May 24th 2011, 7:24 pm


MISA
Forumember

Male Posts : 80
Reputation : 1
Language : Serbian, English, Spanish
Location : Serbia

http://www.latinosvet.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum