The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

cannot limit "who is online" to Administrators

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cannot limit "who is online" to Administrators

Post by avataracid on May 27th 2011, 11:58 am

I was basically looking for a way to remove the "Who is Online" area from my Forum all together. After putting it off for a year, and now reading the other topics it looks as this isn't possible!

I have come across an option however which should help me, but it is not... In the Admin Panel if I go to General > Forum Statistics > Authorizations > and select Administrators and save, it does not do what I want, which is to limit who sees "Who is Online" to Administrators.

My reason for this, its a MMO forum for a popular browser game. Other alliances have now started camping our forum as guests to see when we are online or offline. Its gotten to the point where I need to shut down the forum and move to a different provider, and I've put so much work into the forum I really really dont want to do that.

Please help me guys!

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: cannot limit "who is online" to Administrators

Post by avataracid on May 27th 2011, 12:05 pm

Well that was quick, my other Admin found the option cos he is obviously a lot smarter than I am Smile

Here is what you do guys:

Admin Panel > Display > Structure and hierarchy > Display viewonline information box on index : NEVER

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: cannot limit "who is online" to Administrators

Post by Jophy on May 27th 2011, 2:29 pm

Please avoid double/triple posting. Posts need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button. Wink

Solved => Locked

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum