The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners

+30
gemz
YoshiGM
Wotserface
Jophy
Made in Finland
venu238
Sir Manguydude
!_NICK_!
Mortalgaming
Mike
Cry Vengeance
Tilum
Meatshield718
Tophat 44
PE!N
Super Mega King
viho1
Gangstar15
Nomee
LauraTrelly
SemoandHaribo
pennyc
mara77
Nera.
Russel
verrell123
lisa1302
Sanket
Base
Darren1
34 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners Empty Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners

Post by Darren1 May 29th 2011, 10:57 am

Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners Gold-c11
Best of ForuMotion 2011 : Winners
Congratulations to our winners, and condolences do the not so successful.

Hello All,

We, the judges have a few things we'd like to say before we announce our winners Shocked

This year's competition was definitively a very hard competition, from the hundreds of forums to choose from, to the consistent bickering, however, all through it we were able to come to an outstanding result, one that we are proud of, and that the community as a whole is proud of, and we'll be proud to showboat our winners in their own special way Very Happy

On a personal note, I did find it difficult because there were several great forums that I'd personally love to see win, however, because it was only great in one of 3 criterion's, they were unable to succeed. I quite enjoyed some of the friendly discussion and the competitiveness of our forums this year.

Now to build some suspense Mr. Green

Here's a quick reminder on our top 5 forums, all being linked to their respective sites, in no particular order.

This year, we've decided to rid ourselves of the traditional prizes and step it up a notch, or three.

All of our top 5 forums will be receiving a particular small logo, as well as a nice treat for our top 2 Wink

1. First place: Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners 1st10
    as well as a nicely sized mention on www.forumotion.com !

2. Second place: Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners 2nd10
    As well as a interview from us here at the Support Forum!

3. Third place: Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners 3rd10

4. Fourth & Fifth place will also receive an Honorable mention! Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners Mentio10

And now the anticipation is over, and here I announce the winners.
A personal congratulations from myself, and my fellow judges.

1. Congratulations Lisa1302! First place.
    Babies & All, http://www.babiesandall.com/
    Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners 1st10
    as well as a nicely sized mention on www.forumotion.com !

2. Congratulations Gangster15! Second place.
    World Dezign, http://www.worlddezign.com/
    Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners 2nd10
    As well as a interview from us here at the Support Forum!

3. Congratulations Doctor Inferno! Third place.
    GeekPolice, http://GeekPolice.net
    Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners 3rd10

4. Congratulations Sanket Forth place!
    WebArtz Forum, http://www.webartzforum.com/
    Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners Mentio10

5. Congratulations viho1! Fifth place.
    Undead Xbox, www.undead-xbox.com
    Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners Mentio10

Congratulations to you all, you all deserve your places, it took us many many hours of discussions, but we eventually agreed on these places

I'd also like to take this chance to say that as of now, I am handing down the green baton of ensuring this competition continues to thrive, putting it back into it's black box, and locking it back up and into it's locker, for the final time.
I wish my successor much luck.
Thank you to everyone, including Typlo, MrMario, Tilum, Base and various other staff for their ongoing assistance with the competition thought the years.

Many thanks,
Darren.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners Empty Re: Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners

Post by Base May 29th 2011, 11:00 am

Well done to all those who have participated. I must say, everyone has put it a lot of effort into this and every single forum which entered this competition has a lot of potential. I give my condolences, as well as the judging panel, to all those who didn't quite make it. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners Empty Re: Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners

Post by Sanket May 29th 2011, 11:07 am

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who have voted for WebArtz. Your love has been unconditional for us. cheers

Whatever criterion the judges have decided upon, they have conducted a really good competition. Great work guys Very Happy

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 May 29th 2011, 11:27 am

Thank you so much voters and judges!!!! I am over the moon!
Well done everyone, fab forums in the top 5!!!!!
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Female Posts : 305
Language : Enlish

http://www.babiesandall.com

Back to top Go down

Post by verrell123 May 29th 2011, 11:51 am

Congratulations!
verrell123
verrell123
Forumember

Male Posts : 86
Language : Indonesia, English

http://forum.freshartz.co.cc/

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel May 29th 2011, 11:56 am

Sanket wrote:I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who have voted for WebArtz. Your love has been unconditional for us. cheers

Whatever criterion the judges have decided upon, they have conducted a really good competition. Great work guys Very Happy

We have all put an effort. Congrats to us!
Russel
Russel
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
Language : English, Filipino

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. May 29th 2011, 11:58 am

Congratulations to all (:
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down

Post by mara77 May 29th 2011, 12:03 pm

WOW well done BANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mara77
mara77

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by pennyc May 29th 2011, 12:24 pm

Well done to lisa and all at banda.

Also well done to all the forums that made it into the top 5!

Smile
pennyc

Back to top Go down

Post by SemoandHaribo May 29th 2011, 12:27 pm

Well done banda xx
SemoandHaribo

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraTrelly May 29th 2011, 1:16 pm

Congratulations to everybody who took part in the competition!

All of the forums are great and you should be proud.

LauraTrelly

Language : British

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomee May 29th 2011, 1:26 pm

Congrats to all Smile
Nomee
Nomee
Forumember

Male Posts : 384
Language : Urdu,English

http://www.businessfellows.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangstar15 May 29th 2011, 2:59 pm

Congrats to all! Very Happy
and thanks for who voted for WD! Very Happy
Gangstar15
Gangstar15
Forumember

Female Posts : 392

http://www.designdrops.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by viho1 May 29th 2011, 8:24 pm

What?

Despite the fact that this is ridiculous, UndeadXbox is supposed to be in the top 3 AT LEAST. Last round was to decide the top 3, and we came 2nd place in votes. How the hell is this a legitimate contest?
viho1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Mega King May 29th 2011, 8:26 pm

From Undead Xbox.

Very very disappointed with how this all played out.

You said that the top three would be moving on. UX was in the top three and ended up getting fifth place. There is no logic to this contest at all.

Can someone explain this to me because, in my eyes, it seems like very poor judging to change the rules multiple times throughout the contest.

Super Mega King

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Mega King May 29th 2011, 8:29 pm

In fact, you didn't even spell our name right.

To continue, you changed the rules in Round 2 and Round 4, and I can't fathom why. Is it because you have some predilection for or against some forums?

How is this a legitimate contest when rules are so arbitrary and subject to change that there's really no point in entering in the first place?
Super Mega King

Back to top Go down

Post by viho1 May 29th 2011, 8:33 pm

Seriously Forum Mods, this is ridiculous. I want an explanation via PM or whatever means.
viho1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by PE!N May 29th 2011, 8:47 pm

congratulation gogo (worlddezign) .. u are the best but the small number of members couldn't help .. next year we shall rock it
guitar
PE!N
PE!N
Forumember

Language : english - arabic

http://www.ibri.hooxs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tophat 44 May 29th 2011, 8:49 pm

I agree with SuperMegaKing. This makes no sense. We were [like he said] guaranteed at least 3rd place yet we end up with 5th?

I dont understand how that works.
Tophat 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Meatshield718 May 29th 2011, 8:55 pm

Dear Forumotion Contest Judges,

I am deeply disappointed at the final ranking of this contest. I feel as if the rules and regulations of this contest have changed several times throughout this competition, all of which I've noticed hurt UX's running in the contest. We're weren't here to be the bad guys. For example, Geek Police has hardly given this contest much thought on their forums, and despite their extremely active forum they only had 5 votes last round. I hadn't realized the extent that voting in this contest by site's members didn't matter at all. As a suggestion to next year's contest, remove the previous three rounds and just make a decision, because rounds 2-4 didn't matter. I don't think it made a difference.

Also, can we at least have some notes, information, or opinions that lead to each site's position in the contest? I'd at least like to see suggestions for improvement of UX's site as well as reasons why other site's performed better than ours. Using this information I'd like to improve the site to fit what the Judges would like to see in a forum for next year's competition.

Thank you,
-Meatshield718
UX Administrator
Meatshield718

Back to top Go down

Post by Base May 29th 2011, 9:20 pm

Hi all, I can assure you that the decisions made are right. Of course Undead Xbox had a significant number of votes however it's not just votes that contributed to the overall outcome. We as the judges had our reasons behind our decision and it's too late to change anything now. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by viho1 May 29th 2011, 9:24 pm

Can't see how any of these decisions were made right. I can point out about six occurences where it seemed as if you guys had no idea how a contest worked. Still want that explanation.
viho1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 May 29th 2011, 9:36 pm

The votes were there to aid in the decision - maybe how the voting was 'encouraged' and how the members of every forum behaved came into it too - there is no way that votes alone could decide this one - bearing in mind UX offered a raffle for those who entered - the members didn't necessarily vote to show their support for the forum, maybe they did it for the raffle prize?
Seriously though, whinging about losing is really sad ...this isn't xbox live chat!
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base May 29th 2011, 9:41 pm

Correct. The votes only aided our decision. If the results were completely based on votes then it wouldn't be fair at all. Remember: it's quality not quantity. As we previously said all forums are not to go away empty handed and that we fully acknowledge that all forums have put a lot of effort into this contest.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Mega King May 29th 2011, 9:48 pm

lisa1302 wrote:The votes were there to aid in the decision - maybe how the voting was 'encouraged' and how the members of every forum behaved came into it too - there is no way that votes alone could decide this one - bearing in mind UX offered a raffle for those who entered - the members didn't necessarily vote to show their support for the forum, maybe they did it for the raffle prize?
Seriously though, whinging about losing is really sad ...this isn't xbox live chat!

As a participant in the contest, I'm astounded that you're not similarly outraged at the amount of arbitrary changes that occurred during the contest. I suppose it's because you won?

I can deal with the fact that Undead Xbox lost. I can't really fathom that the contest was changed so much that it seems very unprofessional and ridiculous.

Winner not based on votes: Okay, I understand that, but why advertise that "the top three would move on" or, as in Round 2, "the top five would move on" if you actually had no intention of any of that happening.

We aren't complaining that we lost, and we aren't complaining that winning wasn't based on votes; we're complaining that the contest was not very fair with anyone because the rules were not clear and the Rounds were arbitrary.
Super Mega King

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum May 29th 2011, 9:56 pm

Hi,

I understand some of you have concerns/complaints. Feel free to register on http://bestoffm.forumotion.com/ if you would like a response. Please dont complain here - it's a topic for congratulations rather than complaints.

~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 May 29th 2011, 10:00 pm

No, it isn't because I won - it's because its a fun competition that I entered without thinking I had a chance to win - because we all believe in our forums, but its how people from the outside see our forums that was important here too - and to be honest the teensy little changes the judges made to contest made no difference to the outcome/

So what do you think would have changed had the judges not made slight changes to the way the contest was run? You think you'd have deserved to come in the top 3 simply because you offered an incentive to your members?

All you are doing by complaining is trying to belittle the contest - and yes we have all read you comments on your forum - however you won't ruin it for everyone else, despite your attempts.
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Meatshield718 May 29th 2011, 10:02 pm

lisa1302 wrote:The votes were there to aid in the decision - maybe how the voting was 'encouraged' and how the members of every forum behaved came into it too - there is no way that votes alone could decide this one - bearing in mind UX offered a raffle for those who entered - the members didn't necessarily vote to show their support for the forum, maybe they did it for the raffle prize?

Thanks for considering me as one step lower than you for enjoying video games. I'm a real person too, not an adolescent that cannot understand why a site for parents to meet and ask questions is a great idea. It definitely is, and you have a wonderful site; Just don't lower any of our staff as people for creating a non-business forum. I'm not here to whine, I'm just here for the betterment of my forum, Thank you.

@Base
I understand that your final decision was in no way formed against UX. It just seemed odd to me how much the rules changed around throughout the event. It worried me because half the time I didn't understand where the results were exactly coming from.

I know that this forum does a bit of "Forum Rating or Grading" and has a nice system of rating a forum based on many different factors. Did you guys do any of those for the top five? UX has been in one before, and I'd like to see where we've improved or fell short upon, and I'd like to see the information behind where other site's preformed better than our own.

Thanks!

EDIT*
@ Tilum, I created an account on the forum you suggested we moved this conversation to, and I am now waiting for admin admission.
Meatshield718

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 May 29th 2011, 10:09 pm

Sorry Tilum, I posted as you did.

EDIT: Dont worry about it Wink
~ Tilum
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cry Vengeance May 29th 2011, 11:44 pm

lisa1302 wrote:No, it isn't because I won - it's because its a fun competition that I entered without thinking I had a chance to win - because we all believe in our forums, but its how people from the outside see our forums that was important here too - and to be honest the teensy little changes the judges made to contest made no difference to the outcome/

So what do you think would have changed had the judges not made slight changes to the way the contest was run? You think you'd have deserved to come in the top 3 simply because you offered an incentive to your members?

All you are doing by complaining is trying to belittle the contest - and yes we have all read you comments on your forum - however you won't ruin it for everyone else, despite your attempts.

I find it really disappointing that several people from UX supported you and the members of Banda, even protested against the possibility of you being suspended. And you were a good sport all the way through, but as soon as you win, you start talking shit about everyone that lost.

Grow up.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance

Male Posts : 18

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next